AU Early Career Package 2019
This package is available for registration as webinar recordings only. This package is worth 10 CPD hours. You will receive all webinar recordings within 1 business day of your purchase. The series and sessions in this package have been bundled for those professionals who are at the beginning of their career. This package is valued at over $540 with 10 CPD hours available.
Recorded Webinars Included In This Package:Accounting & Finance for Non-Accountants:
Participants will gain a practical understanding of accounting principles, the greater accounting functionality, and how their role fits into the wider finance team. It will break down accounting theory and explaining how it works in practice. Participants will work through the accounting transactional flow in detail and gain an understanding of how it applies to their job function.Key learning areas of this webinar are:
- Introduction to accounting principles, fundamental accounting concepts and jargon
- Understand the purpose of bookkeeping, debits and credits, double-entry accounting and the bank view versus the organisational view
- Accounting processes - the flow of accounting journals and ledgers
- Understanding the accrual accounting versus cash accounting and the various period-end adjustments
- Understanding the Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Statement
- Reading, understanding the Cash Flow Statement and the different between Profit and Cash Flow
- Budgeting and forecasting, including variance analysis and an introduction to rolling forecasts.
- Describe the role of a Finance Business Partner within an organisation and how this differs from an accountant
- Define how credibility can create influence in an organisation
- Explain the five step QUIET approach and how to utilise it as a Finance Business Partner
- Develop simple frameworks, tools and techniques to assist within business partnering other functions
- Develop the key skills and behaviours required to lead high performance finance teams
- Develop the skills to speak Finance to Non-Finance professionals
- Explain the importance of Trust in your relationships with other staff.
This series was presented by Steven Forgione.
Systems thinking, scenario based strategy series:
Become a future ready finance professional by developing your uncommon yet critical sense in this webinar series. Learn about systems thinking and scenario based strategies, and the fundamentals of how to apply this to your role as a finance professional. You know the future is unpredictable, yet too commonly as accountants and finance professionals, we continue to use tools and techniques that seek to provide certainty and comfort with the future. The pressure to be ‘right’ can limit us and the contribution we can make to our organisations.
Compliance to Commercial Series:
The accounting profession is in the middle of a significant change. No longer are accountants considered “number crunchers” who offer compliance services as their key functional role. Gone are the days of tax returns and statutory accounts, as these key functions become commoditised and get outsourced to shared services departments overseas and potentially become part of the rise of Artificial Intelligence.
Now, more than ever, CAs are becoming a key resource to guide and influence an organisation. The individual trusted to assist with decision making, provide strategic guidance and insight into the direction of the organisation. In order to do this, recently qualified accountants need to build on their technical skills and get up to speed quickly with the nuances of an organisation. How do you effectively apply your technical knowledge? What behaviours are needed to manage team members, non-finance individuals, and senior stakeholders? All the while staying true to the values of the Accounting Profession.
In this series, Andrew Jepson will:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any further information about any of the topics included in this series.
Topic: Business Mindset, Future Focused
Sub-Topic: Future of Business, Personal Effectiveness, Strategies for Success
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Foundation
CPD: 10 hours