Accidental Company Secretary - eLearning
Online courses allow you to adjust your study to your career and lifestyle commitments. As an online student you will receive:
• access to short recordings (broadband internet access required), focusing on the new key content of the course - you can view the presentation multiple times within 21 days from the date of purchase.
• an electronic copy of course materials for you to download and print, if desired.
This aim of this activity is to provide an overview of the role and duties of a newly appointed company secretary in a proprietary company, public company, government enterprise or a not-for-profit organisation.
This activity provides practical information and resources that you can apply directly in your role as company secretary; to perform your key responsibilities with confidence. Covering the essentials of corporate governance, the course will equip you to: comply with legislative and regulatory obligations, promote and initiate corporate governance frameworks and processes, manage director and shareholder meetings, plus manage and produce meeting minutes.
Learning OutcomesUpon satisfactory completion of this activity, you will be able to:
- Recognise the core duties of a company secretary.
- Describe the range of legal responsibilities of a company secretary.
- Define the typical tasks and activities of a company secretary.
- Locate and apply useful resources for the role of a company secretary.
You’ll gain a solid understanding of the role of company secretary and be able to identify key risks particularly in relation to the regulators. Understand the specific requirements of the role for director and shareholder meetings. Get all the practical guidance and tools you’ll need to perform the role of company secretary in your organisation and make a positive and significant contribution. Enhance your career opportunities, including the option of a career in corporate governance.
Topic: Ethics & Integrity
Proficiency Level: Foundation
CPD: Upto 3.5 hours