Aged Care Reform
Are you a member of the finance team, an advisor or an auditor of an aged care entity? Stay up to date with the structural reforms to the industry and delve into the practical implications for your organisation or clients.
Presented in conjunction with the Aged Care specialist teams from Stuart Brown and Bentleys, this webcast will bring together industry participants and advisors to dissect the aged care reform package and unpack the implications for finance professionals working in or auditing the aged care industry.
This series will cover:
- Explore the key structural, funding and financing aged care reforms and how these impact on planning operations and the financial statements
- Delve into the complexities of aged care accounting issues including RADs, RACs, PPE and bed licences
- Unpack the implications of specific financial reporting and auditing requirements, such as the Prudential compliance statement
- Drive deeper insights by mining data and benchmarking to add value to the organisation or improve the quality of analytical procedures within audits
- Recap the impact and the logistical difficulties encountered in preparing and lodging the new ACFR for the first time
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar series you will be able to:
- Identify the key structural, funding and financing aged care reforms and how these impact on planning operations and the financial statements
- Analyse the accounting treatment of issues including RADs, RACs, PPE and bed licences
- Apply specific financial reporting and auditing requirements, such as the Prudential compliance statement
- Implement simple data mining and benchmarking to add value to the organisation or improve the quality of analytical procedures within audits
As finance professionals working or with the aged care industry, add value to your organisation or clients by staying up to date with the aged care reforms and the financial impact on the industry and audit.
Austin Gibbs, is an audit manager at Bentleys Brisbane Audit with over 15 years’ experience working with audit clients ranging from volunteer-run charities to multinational listed entities. His career has also seen him take on teaching roles in audit and accounting subjects at QUT and UTS, working as an internal auditor with the Queensland State Government, a stint in New York City and numerous teaching, mentoring and presenting roles for candidates in the CA program.
David Gallery, has over 20 years’ chartered experience and over that time has provided external audit, internal audit, consulting and other assurance services as engagement partner and audit company director to aged care clients operating in both the privately owned business environment and not-for-profit sector – including numerous of the largest ‘faith-based’ participants in New South Wales. David has also consulted to and presented at sessions organised by the most prominent aged care member-participant bodies in New South Wales. David joined StewartBrown in 2014 after having contributed 15 years of service as Senior Audit and Assurance Partner, Technical Standards Partner and Quality Control Partner at a top-15 national firm. David is a member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New(more...)
Topic: Audit & Assurance, Reporting
Sub-Topic: Business Reporting, Financial Reporting, Financial Statement Audit, Other Assurance Engagements
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: 6 hours