Audit Conference 2023
Online Conference - 24 May 2023
Keep up with the changes impacting the audit and assurance profession, and learn more about new directions in business, technology and management.
In an environment of constant evolution, this inspirational conference can help you navigate uncertainty.
The full-day online event explains important technical updates to audit standards, ASIC, AUASB and IAASB, as well as the legal changes impacting finance.
Also featured are business acumen sessions that can develop your capabilities as a trusted advisor, and build your skills in emerging areas such as sustainability reporting.
Importantly, it includes a range of sessions that address current staffing challenges. From finding and retaining the right people, to leading an effective team with hybrid working options.
Who should attend?
This conference is recommended for audit and assurance practitioners within public practice, commerce, government, education and not-for-profit organisations. It is especially relevant to the following career stages/job functions:
- Audit & Assurance Managers
- Audit & Assurance Partners
- Audit Sole Practitioners.
Gain insights into current audit standards, ASIC, AUASB, IAASB and legal issues
- Learn from three dedicated not-for-profit sessions
- Understand the details of sustainability assurance
- Discover how to attract and retain the very best talent
- Boost your efficiency through analytics, cyber security and automation.
- Flexible and affordable online delivery
- Earn up to 17 CPD hours: 5 hours for attending plus 12 hours for recorded sessions
- Access to recorded sessions and materials for up to 90 days
- Complete your learning from any location.
View the full program outline
Below are just some of the key topics you can look forward to hearing at the conference:
- Audit and Assurance - Making a Difference in Uncertain Times
- Sustainability and CRD assurance - what you need to know
- Quality management - monitoring and remediation
- Economic update
- Legal duties and obligations owed to NFP organisations - how to identify pitfalls and risks
- Embracing the IT Implications of ASA 315 (revised) on Your Audits
- Auditing in uncertain times
- Credible Communication
- Risks for governors and executive managers of NFP bodies
- Technology in Audit - Industry trends & insights
- Standards Update
- Strengthening Auditor Independence Requirements
- Cyber Risk Insight & Risk Mitigation
- Measuring Social Impact
- How to audit new technologies
- ASIC Update - Audit quality monitoring findings
- Judgement and decision bias in auditor assessments
- Burnout prevention and recovery
- Leading Through Uncertainty: Getting comfortable being uncomfortable
- Hybrid working in audit: Resilience and hyperconnectivity
- 9 Keys to Keep your Best People from Walking out the Door
See all the speakers here
Below are some speakers you can look forward to hearing from at the conference:
- Matthew Zappulla, Auditing and Assurance Standards Board
- Steven Watson, National Audits Group
- Merilyn Gwan, Grant Thornton
- Amir Ghandar FCA, CA ANZ
- Naomi Dent, KPMG
- Shane Lee, Macquarie Bank
- Amanda Wall, Audit Smarter
- Sarah Butler, Caseware Australia & New Zealand
- Channa Wijesinghe, Accounting Professional & Ethical Standards Board
- Salman Khokhar, AON
- Edwyn Lai, AON
- Petris Lapis, Artisan Of Change
- Kim Seeling Smith, IgniteGlobal
24 May 2023
8.30am to 3pm AWST
10.30am to 5pm AEST
Topic: Audit & Assurance, Ethics & Integrity, Reporting
Sub-Topic: Ethics, Financial Reporting, Financial Statement Audit, Leadership, Other Assurance Engagements, Sustainability
Proficiency Level: All
CPD: Upto 17 hours