Building and Sustaining Trust - eLearning
This course raises awareness of common ‘trust breakers’ that can erode or quickly break trust and introduces ‘trust builders’, actions that can be taken to build and sustain trusting relationships in the workplace.
This course introduces trust builders; actions leaders can take to build and sustain trusting relationships, as well as common trust breakers that can erode or quickly break trust.
During the session you will explore challenges to building trust in today’s workplace, and the business impact and benefits of high-trust relationships.
You will identify and explore trust builders and key principles that support leaders in being able to build trusting relationships with others. After which you will further build your understanding and skill in using these key principles. Importantly, you will also identify potential behaviours that are known to break trust and reflect on a time you have damaged or broken trust.
By the course end, you will be armed with understanding, skills and resources that can support you in building trust in your workplace.
Learning OutcomesUpon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Recognise how trust in the workplace affects business results.
- Analyse your role in building and sustaining trust.
- Identify common workplace behaviours that can build, sustain or break trust.
- Demonstrate behaviours that show you trust others, as well as give people the confidence to trust you.
- Use interaction skills to foster open communication, build and maintain trusting relationships, and repair damaged ones.
BenefitsWhat does trust have to do with business success? Everything. Trust is directly linked to employee engagement, retention, productivity and innovation. Leaders who demonstrate trust and trustworthiness inspire higher levels of performance and commitment in team and organisational success.
Topic: People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Personal Effectiveness
Proficiency Level: All
CPD: Upto 2 hours