Business Model Innovation for Finance
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
This workshop focuses on driving innovation in Business Models and new business opportunities through “Innovation by Restriction”.
The workshop breaks down innovation into a very practical, and user-friendly process. Participants in the workshop will be exposed to the principles from innovation case studies and theories, then apply them using several practical tools to take back to your organisations and finance roles.
You will gain a practical understanding of innovation thinking and learn a process that you can take back to your firms to deploy.
You will gain valuable insight into not only what innovation is in a practical sense, but how the process of innovation can be replicated by a finance professional in any team or corporate environment.
Key Learning Areas:
- Introduction to the principle of innovation by restriction, and entrepreneurship.
- Understand and apply the process of innovation through:
- Business model mapping;
- Defining questions designed to stimulate disruptive thought patterns;
- Ideation and creativity exercises;
- The principles of flaring and focus thinking; and
- New business pitching.
- Understanding how teams can be effectively deployed to drive innovation, including:
- Distinguishing between what tasks should be done by individuals versus what tasks should be done by teams to drive effective group collaboration;
- Understanding core principles of facilitation, including team set up, creative environments, pace and timing.
- Effectively draw up a business model in a page.
- Understand how disruptive questions are designed and deployed to trigger innovative thinking.
- Understand core principles of design-thinking and the lean start-up process.
- Apply an innovation process to any given problem or opportunity the business faces.
- Lead a team through an innovation process effectively.
- Understand and apply core facilitation techniques such as pacing, team set up, and ideation culture and environment.
Topic: Business Mindset, Corporate Finance, People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Business Planning & Analysis, Finance Management, Leadership, Solve Problems, Strategy
Proficiency Level: Intermediate
CPD: 6.5 hours