CFO Fast-Track: Analyst To Strategist Virtual Workshop
As you progress through the virtual classroom you will learn to:
- Determine the essential characteristics of effective strategic thinking
- Clarify the domain of strategic thinking and action
- Form the basis for a generative conversation around strategy
- Consider how undetected biases can derail decision making
- Overview the core elements of an effective strategy process
- Examine key frameworks including the Growth Horizons, Playground Matrix and Business Model Canvas to stimulate new thinking
- Effectively deal with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Understand how accounting knowledge and data align with strategy
- Engage in effective strategic conversations
- Apply de-risking techniques to improve your decision making
- Employ key frameworks to generate strategic insights
- Identify the primary drivers of successful strategy execution
- Deal more effectively with uncertainty and ambiguity
Marc has a PhD in Strategic Management from the University of California. He has published over fifty research and practitioner-oriented articles across a wide variety of areas including strategy, international business, corporate social responsibility, and business education. He is also the author of two texts on general management as well as a recent book on corporate social responsibility. Before embarking on an academic career, Marc was a management consultant with KPMG and a financial analyst with EDS.
Marc is in his third decade of strategy work encompassing research, teaching, executive development, facilitating, coaching and consulting activities. He has developed and delivered programs for international clients including Philips, Osram, Eurapco, Ageas, CRH, Lafarge, Danfoss, Bristol-Meyers-Squibb, Novartis, Roche, CSL, Actavis, Volkswagen, GKN, Bosch, Continental, Intercontinental Hotels Group, Sinopec, Sinopost, OMV, the government of Abu Dhabi, and the UK Foreign Office.
In Australia, Marc has worked with organisations such as AMP, Suncorp, IAG, Perpetual, Westpac, NAB, News Corporation, SBS, Johnson&Johnson, Bunnings, Coles, Leightons Contractors, Bluescope Steel, CSR, Trility Water, KPMG, PWC, Tassal, Baxter Pharmaceuticals, and the CSIRO. In 2018 Marc delivered a series of successful workshops for CAANZ. Currently, Marc is a member of faculty at the University of Queensland Business School. He is also Director of Acme Strategy Group Pty Ltd.
Marc’s teaching and research interests include strategic thinking and decision-making, globalisation and international business strategy, business model innovation, CSR/sustainability, and strategic agility. The focus of his recent research is on exploring the institutional and organisational arrangements which can best foster ‘shared value’ outcomes and a more sustainable economic development model; and on examining potential scenarios related to the impact of long-term ‘gigatrends’ on various industries and sectors.
Four mandatory sessions:
Session 1: Monday 23 November 2020
10am - 11.40am (AEDST)
Session 2: Monday 23 November 2020
1pm - 2.40pm (AEDST)
Session 3: Wednesday 25 November 2020
10am - 11.40am (AEDST)
Session 4: Wednesday 25 November 2020
1pm - 2.40pm (AEDST)
1. Preparing for the Zoom Session: 24 hours prior to session start time you will receive and email to register your details to give you access to the Zoom Session. Ensure you enter your first name, last name and email address as entered in your CA ANZ event registration. If you do not receive the Zoom Session link email to your inbox ensure you check your spam/junk mail folder.
Approximately 15-30 minutes prior to session start time (relevant to your local time zone), ensure you have the software or application installed. When connecting on computers you will be prompted to download the software for Zoom if you have not already. To download, click on the link that you have been provided to join the session, it will take only 2-3 minutes to download. If you are planning on watching it on your phone, please download the Zoom application.
Please note: If you are accessing this event from your place of work, it is imperative to check that you are able to access the Zoom platform. You may need to use a personal device.
2. Accessing the Zoom Session: On receipt of Zoom Session Link email (refer 1. Preparing for the
Zoom Session) follow the link to access session.
3. Recording information: If the session is being recorded, the recording link will be sent within 24-48 hours after the live presentation. However, you will need to connect to the live webcast via the link above to get verifiable CPD Hours.
24 hours prior to event start time.
Email to use for CA ANZ event registration
Members must register using your primary email address nominated on your CA ANZ member profile (the email address in which this email has been received at) to ensure you are charged at the correct registration rate and that your CA ANZ member profile will reflect the event registration, your designation, event attendance and applicable qualifying hours.
Check your Junk/Spam Folder
CA ANZ Registration Reminder and Zoom Session Link email will be issued approximately 24 hours prior to the session start time. If you do not receive this email to your inbox ensure you check your spam/junk mail folder. If you still have no success in locating the email please contact the region delivering the session via email at email@example.com to obtain the details.
Please note that this event may be recorded by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ). In that case, this recording will be used by CA ANZ for various purposes, including publishing and distributing it online, promoting its activities, in CA ANZ’s advertising material, on social media and anywhere on CA ANZ’s website. By registering for this event, you acknowledge and agree to this, as a participant of this session.
By registering for this event, you acknowledge and agree that, as a participant of this session, your name will be visible to other participants. Please note that your image will not be visible to other participants.
Topic: Business Mindset
Sub-Topic: Strategies for Success, Strategy
Format: Virtual Classroom
Proficiency Level: Intermediate
CPD: Upto 6.5 hours