This product is currently on sale: Use promo code NY25 at checkout to receive 25% off. Hurry, offer expires 11:59pm, Thursday 31 Jan 2019.This four part webinar series will help you set and achieve career goals by proactively managing your career. It will also ensure that you make a positive impact in the workplace and take personal responsibility for the career progression.
Great careers don’t happen by chance, they are the result of hard work and commitment. You must take time to develop your career, guide it and move it forward. By managing your career, methodically and consciously, you will make it work better for you.
The Career Bootcamp webinar sessions are based on Sean McLoughney’s book, Slave to a Job, Master of your Career – which helps you to build a successful career by making yourself more marketable and career focused. During this series Sean will share with you his four step methodology to a better career:
- Plan: Complete a personal action plan that will boost your career progression.
- Review: Ensure you have the right skills and experience to avail of career opportunities.
- Sell: Grow your personal brand and become the employee of choice.
- Invest: Set aside sufficient time to keep your career progression on track.
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar series you will be able to:
- Define what a career means to you personally, both now and in 5 years’ time.
- Develop a business plan and strategy for your career progression, seeing beyond your current role.
- Identify what skills and competencies companies are looking for when promoting people.
- Develop a framework to conduct a skills audit, including a SWOT analysis, to ensure that you have the right skills for current and future roles.
- Prepare a personal Learning and Development Plan that will support your career progression.
- Choose a mentor and/or coach who will guide your career and support your personal development.
- Describe your personal brand and differentiate yourself from your competitors.
- Promote your personal brand to ensure that you make the right impact on the right people.
- Design a networking plan to support your career progression and maintain your desire to succeed.
- Manage your career path by proactively allocating time for this task.
- Discuss how performance review meetings can boost your career prospects.
- Benchmark your progress monthly to ensure you stay on track.
Part 1 - Planning for success
Part 2 - Review your assets (skills, knowledge and experience)
Part 3 - Sell your brand
Part 4 - Invest quality time in your career
This series will help you get the best from your career and set yourself apart from the crowd. It challenges you to change your mindset from being an employee to being an entrepreneur in the workplace. It also provides you with a four step methodology that will give you the edge in the current job market.
Sean McLoughney, founder of LearningCurve, is a sought after learning and development specialist, author and speaker. Since 2001 has helped over 14,000 professionals at every level improve their performance. As a successful author Sean has been published internationally. He has written three books and numerous articles. Sean also delivers a range of engaging webinars. He has delivered numerous webinars for CPA Ireland, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand, IPENZ, UHY International and Chartered Accountants Ireland.
Topic: People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Personal Effectiveness
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Foundation
CPD: 4 hours