Career Progression Pathway: Finance Leader
All year round, and on every accountingcpd purchase you make, get 10% off as a CA ANZ member. Just use code CAANZ101.
Please note you will be directed to accountingcpd to purchase this product.
Develop the skills needed to lead the finance function and prepare for future challenges. This pathway provides you with the knowledge and capabilities that will shape you into an effective finance leader for your organisation.
It is never too early to plan your route to CFO or partner, or to begin to work on the skills you will need to make that journey.
• provides a foundation in the future skillset of the CFO as identified by ACCA and IMA in "The CFO of the Future"
• introduces the key skills and capabilities identified in the CA ANZ "CFO Recruitment Guide"
• explores CGMA’s three key CFO skills: Leadership, Communication and People Management
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity, you will be able to:
• Know what it takes to be a financial leader in tomorrow’s world by focusing on the skills, practices and outlooks that are needed.
• Understand the key role a questioning mind plays and how to align your work with wider organisational objectives.
• Explore how you can develop a resilient, creative team of finance professionals.
• Identify key factors involved in driving success and improvement as a finance leader.
• Focus on some key non-financial factors (ESG issues) and proof your reporting skills.
• Look ahead to some technological changes that future finance leaders should be planning for now.
The current business environment is changing rapidly, and as an aspiring leader you must play a part in shaping the future. Immerse yourself in the rich variety of articles, videos, activities, quizzes, discussions, and more, to develop your finance leadership skills.
After studying economics, Alan began his career in accountancy before moving into senior management positions in the book trade. After a successful stint as CEO of Thomson Learning, a major international textbook publisher, he founded Nelson Croom, the publisher of accountingcpd.net which he has run ever since. He has been at the forefront of the developing elearning industry and his company has twice won the prestigious award for eLearning Development Company of the Year. He retains a keen interest in economics and in management skills training. He is currently Chair of ICAEW’s Practice Assurance Committee and a member of IFA’s Regulatory Committee.
Topic: Corporate Finance, People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Finance Management, Personal Effectiveness
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 21 hours