Communication Skills Training: Influence in the Workplace - Virtual Classroom
To receive CA ANZ member pricing, use code: CA2021 at checkout.
This activity demystifies ‘influence’ and gives participants the ability to adapt their influencing approach according to the audience, circumstances and objectives.
This program is particularly useful for people who:
- Need to influence without authority (influence up or sideways)
- Create ‘buy in’ for organisational improvement programs
- Want to inspire their direct reports in a way that minimises reliance on positional power
In this activity you will explore how to identify key stakeholders who could help or hinder your ideas or initiatives, how to influence without authority or conversely influence in a way that minimises reliance on positional power and how to use a value-driven approach to maximise your potential as an influencer.
You will learn how to build your repertoire of influencing skills to initiate and manage influencing conversations with confidence.
You will experience a shift in mindset from ‘sales-pitching’, to thoughtful persuasive communication and effective relationship management. Influence is not just about changing actions. Through tools and practice, you will learn how to change people’s thinking and decision-making, network effectively, create strategic stakeholder maps, and build lasting professional relationships.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Develop a comprehensive, tailored strategy for influencing stakeholders.
- Respond effectively to resistance and objections.
- Structure influencing conversations in a concise and compelling way.
- Develop and work a strategy for building long-term relationships of influence.
- Build your credibility, brand and reputation.
This activity will enable you to bring about effective change without forcing others. The course arms you with the knowledge and skills to persuade decision-makers and colleagues and become more strategic in the influence and impact that you have on others.
Pre- workshop survey
Topic: Business Mindset, People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Personal Effectiveness, Solve Problems
Format: Virtual Classroom
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 13 hours