Corporate Tax Topic 2018: Transfer Pricing
This product is currently on sale: Use promo code NY25 at checkout to receive 25% off. Hurry, offer expires 11:59pm, Thursday 31 Jan 2019.Join our expert tax trainers as they discuss key corporate tax topics fundamental to business. This session provides an in-depth examination of Transfer Pricing, combined with realistic client scenarios that demonstrate the topic’s key aspects.
Targeting practitioners with clients in the larger end of town, this Corporate Tax Topic provide an in-depth examination of a topic, combined with realistic client scenarios that demonstrate the topic's key issues. This format will help you obtain a theoretical and a practical understanding of the topic.
This session will cover the following issues:
- What is “Transfer Pricing”?
- Determine and applying arm's-length conditions
- Old v New – Recent Changes
- Overview of “BEPS”
- Illustrative Examples of ATO’s ‘Commerciality Tests’
This session will explore the key provisions in relation to utilisation of company losses, including:
- The Continuity of Ownership (COT) and Same Business Test (SBT)
- Converting excess franking credits into tax losses
- Concessional tracing rules under Division 166 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997
- Common errors when utilising tax losses and ATO target areas
- Losses in tax consolidated groups
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar you will be able to:
- Stay ahead of key legislative and regulatory changes and announcements to provide
- Gain the knowledge you need while minimising your time out of the office
- Ensure you are up-to-date on the latest tax changes.
This concise 1.5 hour corporate tax session has been specifically designed for our online education platform, to ensure maximum impact in minimal time.
Bruce Thomas, Bruce is currently a Senior Tax Trainer with the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia, with over 25 years experience in tax.
He has written and presented training on a wide variety of tax topics for in-house clients and for public sessions conducted by the Institute.
Previously a tax manager with William Buck Chartered Accountants in Sydney, he provided advice to clients on the application of the Fringe Benefits Tax, GST and other taxes.
Sub-Topic: Business Tax, Employment Taxes - PAYE, PAYG & FBT, GST, Income Tax, International Tax, State/Territory Taxes, Tax Administration
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: 1.5 hours