Demystifying Start-ups and New Business Advisory Practice
Outlined below are the key aspects that will be covered in this virtual classroom:
- The rise and future outlook of start-ups and other new business
- The increasing expectations of start-ups and new SME’s from accountants
- The knowledge and technical skills required to better support start-ups and new SME businesses
- Case study: why organisations fail, and how finance professionals can partner and help organisations in survival and growth
- Financing options: how advisors can help businesses in raising funds
- Commercial acumen, personality traits, and other skills required to become a trusted finance business partner
- Master case study
Designed by CA Catalyst
CA Catalyst, Chartered Accountants ANZ’s Innovation Program, represents an opportunity for you to build new skills, tools and connections, to unlock and create growth opportunities, and to embrace innovation and technology to keep pace.
Upon satisfactory completion of this session, learners will be able to:
- Outline the growth in start-ups and SME sector and the future outlook
- Understand why businesses fail and where and how Chartered Accountants can support start-up new businesses survival and growth
- Understand the need for finance business partnering and the key skills required to become a trusted finance business partner
- Understand various aspects related to raising funds for start-ups and new businesses and the role of advisors throughout the funding process
|1||1||The rise of start-ups and SME sector and the future outlook, changing landscape and increasing expectations of Start-ups and SME’s from accountants (What it's like working with startups and Scale ups)|
|2||Where and how Chartered Accountants can support Start-ups and SME’s, required knowledge and skills to better support Start-ups and SME businesses|
|3||Case study (Why organisations fail, Why advisors are key stakeholders in ensuring survival and growth and how finance professionals can partner and help organisations)|
|4||Case Study group peer to peer discussion, conclusion, Key takeaways (Framework for final presentation)|
|2||5||Understanding Start-up/New businesses ecosystem and life-cycle|
|6||Funding- Various options/sources, how accountants can help, pitfalls to avoid (Use polls, activties and cases)|
|7||Finance Business partnering - What it takes to be a trusted and reliable partner (Use polls, activties and cases) and Skills (Professional and personal skills and Funding (Hear from fellow members- their stories and experiences)|
|8||Case Study group presentations, discussion, conclusion, key takeaways|
Wednesday 21 & Thursday 22 July 2021
10:00am - 2:30pm (AEST) - including 1/2 hour break
CPD: 8 hours
1. Preparing for the Zoom Session: 24 hours prior to session start time you will receive and email to register your details to give you access to the Zoom Session. Ensure you enter your first name, last name and email address as entered in your CA ANZ event registration. If you do not receive the Zoom Session link email to your inbox ensure you check your spam/junk mail folder.
Approximately 15-30 minutes prior to session start time (relevant to your local time zone), ensure you have the software or application installed. When connecting on computers you will be prompted to download the software for Zoom if you have not already. To download, click on the link that you have been provided to join the session, it will take only 2-3 minutes to download. If you are planning on watching it on your phone, please download the Zoom application.
Please note: If you are accessing this event from your place of work, it is imperative to check that you are able to access the Zoom platform. You may need to use a personal device.
2. Accessing the Zoom Session: On receipt of Zoom Session Link email (refer 1. Preparing for the Zoom Session) follow the link to access session.
Topic: Corporate Finance, Financial Advisory and Superannuation
Sub-Topic: Business Planning & Analysis, Business Valuation, Finance Management, Future of Business
Format: Virtual Classroom
Proficiency Level: Intermediate
CPD: Upto 8 hours