Developing Yourself and Others - eLearning
In this activity you will learn a practical process to guide you and/or your direct reports’ development planning efforts.
Development is critical to attracting and retaining talent, driving employee engagement, preparing people for future roles and ultimately ensuring the success and sustainability of the organisation.
In this course, you will learn about the importance of development in today’s workplace, discuss the shared responsibility of development and the concept of high-payoff development. Armed with this insight you will explore a three-step practical process that supports the development of a meaningful development plan and the organisation’s current and future business needs.
You will contemplate common challenges that can impede development. Importantly, the activity will identify best practices that can support you in overcoming these potential barriers to effectively developing yourself or others.
This courses provide solutions for issues where development plans are only done ‘when time permits’, when planning breaks down, guidance and support may be lacking and when there is no monitoring of progress.
At the end of this activity you will be able to:
- Recognise the role of the leader and the team member in development planning and execution.
- Recognise the importance of development to the success of individuals, teams and the organisation.
- Use a three-step process—Assess–Acquire–Apply—to identify strengths and growth areas, plan development actions, and successfully implement development plans.
- Employ a set of best practices to overcome common development barriers and challenges.
- Measure the effectiveness of the team’s development efforts so they know they are successful.
BenefitsYou will learn a three-step process and leverage best practices to overcome common barriers when planning development. As a consequence, you will be able to help people and yourself plan for, and successfully build, the capability needed to be a successful contributor in today’s workplace.
Topic: People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Talent Management
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 2 hours