Diversity, equity and inclusion fundamentals – what it means for your team, firm and the profession
This recorded webinar explores what diversity, equity and inclusion mean to the profession, the importance of psychological safety and recognising and disrupting unconscious bias that gets in the way.
This webinar equips professionals and leaders with the knowledge and skills to create a more inclusive workplace culture that values and respects diversity. The examples and international research studies used in this webinar will help you understand how to identify unconscious biases, communicate more effectively and build a workplace culture that values and respects the diversity of thought, perspective and experience through a foundation of belonging and psychological safety.
The benefits of attending this recorded webinar include how to identify unconscious biases, and build a workplace culture that values and respects the diversity of thought:
- Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the meaning of diversity, equity, and inclusion, including their importance and impact on the workplace
- Drawing on the CA ANZ DEI Survey, explore the diversity in the profession
- Participants will learn to identify unconscious biases and understand how they impact decision-making and workplace relationships
- By understanding the diversity of thinking, experience and background, participants will learn how to build stronger relationships with colleagues and create a more collaborative workplace culture
- Includes real-life examples, international research studies, and global best practices.
By attending this recorded webinar, you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Increased awareness and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts
- Improved ability to recognise and address unconscious bias
- Understand the significance of psychological safety in creating an inclusive working culture
- Enhanced communication skills by learning how to communicate more effectively with colleagues, clients and communities from diverse backgrounds.
This webinar is the 1st part of a two-part series. The 2nd session is about Inclusive communication and decision-making and is available here.
Grazia founded Perspective Hive in 2017 as a hub of expertise that helps companies value differences. She consults with clients across multiple industries including the not-for-profit space, finance, education, retail, infrastructure and healthcare. Prior to her consulting career, Grazia led various diversity programs for Westpac, a number of which were recognised as leading practices through the Australian Human Rights Awards, HR Awards and Government Disability Awards. Born in South Africa during the pinnacle years of apartheid and living with a vision impairment, Grazia has a heightened awareness of privilege and its impact on inclusion.
Topic: People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Leadership, Personal Effectiveness
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: All
CPD: Upto 1 hours