Effective Director Course – Module 1: High-performing boards - Workshop
Exploring the role of the company director and the board’s vital contribution towards organisational culture and sustainable governance, this course draws on theory, practice, and the collective knowledge of the participants to simulate the boardroom experience.
What issues and challenges are faced by a director on a board? How can you best prepare for and understand directorship in the current landscape, with the lens firmly on director capability?
Governance Institute offer a range of complimentary webcasts and webinars – to access these, please click here. Please note; ‘Risk Maturity’, ‘A guide to private company fundraising’ and ‘Shareholder Resolutions: Is there a case for change?’ are excluded from this offer.
Using the Tricker Model as an integrating framework, this module defines corporate governance and outlines how it operates in practice. Explore the boundaries between board and the executive, the balance between conformance and performance, and ensuring the appropriate level of monitoring and supervising of management activity.
In this module you will look at:
• board and governance foundations
• the practice of corporate governance
• the high performing board
• practical matters – board meetings and board structure
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
• define corporate governance and outline how it operates in practice
• examine the role and core duties of directors and the board
• analyse the key attributes of a high-performing board
• discuss the link between the board and board performance
This course equips professionals and leaders with frameworks and skills to understand the boardroom operations.
Assessments required to complete - 500 word essay
Topic: Ethics & Integrity, Reporting
Sub-Topic: Financial Reporting, Governance
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 7 hours