Effective Director Course – Module 2: Director dynamics - Workshop
What issues and challenges are faced by a director on a board? How can you best prepare for and understand directorship in the current landscape, with the lens firmly on director capability?
Governance Institute offer a range of complimentary webcasts and webinars – to access these, please click here . Please note; ‘Risk Maturity’, ‘A guide to private company fundraising’ and ‘Shareholder Resolutions: Is there a case for change?’ are excluded from this offer.
*This module includes a boardroom dinner from 5.00pm – 6.30pm at the premises of the Governance Institute.
Effective director conduct requires the development of softer skills to make you aware of the types of behaviour you may experience and will need as a director. Self-awareness of your behaviour and communication styles and the impact of these on your director effectiveness is key.
In this module you will build your understanding of:
• board and director effectiveness
• how directors communicate
• acquiring information by listening
• asking the right questions
• persuasion, influence and negotiation
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
• discuss board and director effectiveness and how these elements are assessed
• apply concepts such as communication progression and the Ladder of Inference to the role of the effective director
• recognise the different styles of communication and how these can be used effectively
• examine how acquiring information, active listening, asking the right questions, persuasion, influence and negotiation skills can be used to achieve the strategic vision and objectives of the organisation
This course equips professionals and leaders with frameworks and skills to understand the boardroom operations.
To be confirmed
Assessments required to complete - 500 word essay
Topic: Ethics & Integrity, Reporting
Sub-Topic: Financial Reporting, Governance
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: 7 hours