Essential SMSF Updates 2018 : Full Series
The Essential SMSF Update Series will provide you with all the latest legislative, regulatory and other developments in the industry, everything you need to give your clients the best advice based on the most current, high quality information available.
These Essential SMSF Update will provide you with all the latest legislative, regulatory and other developments in the industry, everything you need to give your clients the best advice based on the most current, high quality information available.
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar you will be able to:
- Provide a concise and critical update on superannuation
- Identify and review the latest changes and developments in superannuation to assist delegates in keeping up to date on any legislative, regulatory and other reforms and developments, as well as any developments in the taxation of superannuation, so that they are able to provide the latest and most effective advice to their clients in this complex area
- Utilise case studies and examples to explore changes and developments in SMSFs.
The Essential SMSF Update Series will provide practical guidance and extract key issues and implications arising from the latest developments:
- Identify the legislative and regulatory developments that may affect their clients and describe their impact
- Interpret the implications of legislative and regulatory developments on client matters
- Develop and formulate strategies that may assist in managing the effect of legislative and regulatory developments.
Ken Mansell Senior Tax & Superannuation Trainer, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Ken Mansell has worked on tax policy development on the Henry Review, in the office of the Assistant Treasurer and in the Revenue Group of the Treasury, worked in the Tax Division for both KPMG and Deloitte and has been the Taxation Manager for the Seven Network and Raytheon Australia.
Bruce Thomas Senior Tax & Superannuation Trainer, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Bruce has written and presented training on a wide variety of tax topics for tax training clients and for public sessions held by the Organisation. Bruce spent 17 years working for the ATO, including working as a senior officer dealing with GST technical issues in the implementation of GST.
Prior to joining CAANZ Tristan Webb was National Tax Director at Crowe Horwath for 6 years. Crowe Horwath is one of the largest of Australia’s mid-tier Accounting firms. In this capacity, he was responsible for: Group Learning and Development Tax risk management policy; Development of group intellectual property on emerging tax issues; Developing consistency between member firms through tools, products and processes; Business development; Brand building, marketing and media liaison; Knowledge building at tax specialist level (amongst other responsibilities) ;
Tristan was also required to report to the Crowe Horwath Board of the Tax Advisory Group on a monthly basis.
Before joining Crowe Horwath, Tristan was a Training Specialist at the Institute of Chartered Accountants. He has other Big Four and mid-tier Chartered Accounting experience and has worked for Australia’s top legal publisher in Tax and for the Australian Taxation Office for several in various positions.
Topic: Financial Advisory and Superannuation
Sub-Topic: Self-Managed Superannuation Funds, Superannuation
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: 6 hours