Essential Financial Technology Updates: Full Series
In this 11 part recorded webinar series, KPMG’s Information Technology, Strategy and Performance team will share their insights on current technology topics including digital transformation, disruptive technologies, big data, cybersecurity & privacy, artificial intelligence and more.
Do you know the key technology developments affecting you, your business and your clients? Are you able to support senior management and their boards to make informed decisions, adapt and capitalise on technological change?
Technology, cyber security and the privacy landscape are changing rapidly. Keep up to date with developments impacting accountants and the finance profession through this monthly update series.
In this 11 part webinar series, Mike Clarke and KPMG’s Information Technology, Strategy and Performance team will provide you with up to date information and insights on current technology topics to help you identify planning opportunities and prepare for the impact of technology on your business early.
Each month will focus on the most topical areas, covering issues such as:
- Digital transformation and technological disruption;
- Big data, analytics and modelling;
- Cloud to the edge, Software as a Service (SaaS) and Internet of Things (IoT);
- Distributed ledgers, Blockchain and cryptocurrencies;
- Robotic process automation, artificial intelligence and machine learning;
- Cyber security to combat threats and attacks;
- Data breaches, privacy regulation (i.e. European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)), ethics in digital age;
- Conversational platforms and immersive experience, e.g. virtual, augmented and mixed reality.
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar series you will be able to:
- Identify the latest in technological updates in the current Australian, New Zealand and global landscape, including the key trends in disruptive technologies.
- Outline the key impacts of the technological changes to the finance profession.
- Identify planning opportunities to harness the power of technology.
- Identify the questions you should be asking to ensure you are resilient against a cyberattack.
- Describe the key changes to data breach and privacy regulation.
Keep up to date developments in the technology landscape and prepare early for the new challenges and opportunities.
This is a recorded webinar series that is also available to purchase as a live webinar series. You will receive the recorded webinar series each month once the live session has taken place. You can view this content at a time that suits you.
Mike Clarke joined KPMG in January 2016 as a Partner, and leads the IT Strategy & Performance Advisory Practice. He works closely with key clients in establishing the transformation of their IT to deliver improvements to people, process and technology. Prior to joining KPMG, Mike led technology businesses and the technology divisions of large corporations across Australia and New Zealand, with his last role being the CIO of SKYCITY Entertainment Group. He has more than 20 years strategic management experience having worked in various industries including hospitality, entertainment and gaming, software and digital networking. Originally from the UK, he immigrated to Australia in 1998 and then moved to New Zealand in 2008. Mike’s interests include cycling and horse racing.
Topic: Business Mindset
Sub-Topic: Information & Communication Technology
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: 11 hours