FBP Academy Series: Presentations - Workshop
This activity is delivered by thefbpteam.com.
To receive the member price, use discount code CAANZ10 at checkout.
The aim of this program is to help transform accountants working in commercial organisations into influential Finance Business Partners.
If you want to work more effectively, influence and have impact with non-finance this series will show you how to achieve this.
This module comprises the following:
• 7 Day FBP Kickstart – an on-demand video program designed to take you through the core concepts of Finance Business Partnering utilising the QUIET approach
Live 4 x 2-hour workshops
• The Presenters Secret - We start by watching two of the best presenters the world has seen - Steve Jobs and Martin Luther King. We will then break them down and show you the 3 techniques they used. Then it's your turn to apply them to a scenario of your own and create your own influential presentation.
• Storytelling and Structure - Every good presentation has a structure and a flow that ensures your audience is engaged. If they are engaged, they will remember it, and if they remember it, they will be inclined to act on it. To help you with this we will engage the assistance of Hollywood…. because the best stories come from the world of film.
• Visuals & Numbers - You have prepared your presentation, now it’s time to nail the delivery. The words we use, the tone with which we use them, and the multi-sensory visual experience is what will decide whether your presentation influences and persuades your audience.
• Present anything to anyone - You’ve seen the techniques and been shown how to apply them. Now it’s time to put that into action with a presentation of your own. We will show you a unique 6 step process that allows you to prepare and deliver a presentation on anything, in less than 60 minutes.
This module is part of the FBP Academy series including:
• FBP Academy: Essentials
• FBP Academy: Decision Making
• FBP Academy: Behavioural FBP
• FBP Academy: Managing Stakeholders
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity, you will be able to:
• Present and communicate clear messages with confidence to any audience.
• Structure a presentation in a simple and effective manner that is applicable to a 5-page presentation or a 50-page presentation.
• Understand the communication and presentations secrets of the world’s great influencers, what techniques they use, and how to use them.
• Understand the importance of visualisation in your presentations, and the way non-finance use it to engage their audience.
• Leverage the importance of numbers in your presentations so that they are remembered and actioned upon.
• Build strong interpersonal connections with your audience.
• Deliver a professional presentation in less than 60 minutes.
This series will enable you to move yourself from a reporting and transactional accountant focused on reports, dashboards and analytics, to a finance professional ready to engage the non-finance members of the organisation.
Workshop 2 Thursday 19th October 5-7pm Sydney time
Workshop 3 Thursday 26th October 5-7pm Sydney time
Workshop 4 Thursday 2nd November 5-7pm Sydney time
Andrew Jepson, CEO - theFBPteam
Andrew Jepson FCA has over 20 years commercial experience as a Chartered Accountant, he has spent the last seven years dedicated to training, developing and lifting the impact and influence of accountants in commercial organisations.
He is the author of the book "Compliance to Commercial: The QUIET Approach to Finance Business Partnering" and has been a regular contributor to Acuity Magazine on the topic.
Andrew is considered one of the very few experts in the world on finance business partnering and with his global team have trained over 8,000 finance professionals worldwide since 2016.
Topic: Business Mindset, People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Business Reporting, Finance Management, Financial Modelling, Negotiation, Operational Excellence, Personal Effectiveness, Solve Problems
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 8 hours