Financial Modelling Essentials – through COVID-19 crisis and beyond
This webinar aims to cover the foundations of financial modelling and how it differs from the forecasting and budgeting techniques that we commonly use. The webinar will include foundational concepts and standards of financial modelling techniques along with practical examples to follow and implement post webinar.
Our lives have been reasonably predictable until now apart from minor seasonal variations. However, COVID-19 has now completely changed our normal into a new world of uncertainty. Financial Modelling skills and the fundamental essentials are key to helping professional accountants cope with this uncertainty.
The webinar content will cover the following aspects:
- Best practice design, guidelines and approach on building financial models by applying recognised global standards in financial modelling
- Overview of the Best Practice Modelling, FAST and Financial Modelling Code and how these are aligned in many respects
- Tips and tricks that can be applied in Excel models including shortcut keys, construction tips and formulas to use that will be a core element of the foundations needed to build this capability
- The webinar includes a detailed run through of a 3-way Excel model (which will be provided to participants at no extra cost)
- Step by step application of how the standards mentioned above have been applied in this model with specific references to these key elements in the workbook.
A detailed assessment process that can be used to guide decision making around tools that exist in the market and ensuring that where these are being explored these steps can be applied.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity delegates will be able to:
- Identify the core differences and challenges in the way many organisations do their forecasting and budgeting today
- Describe the elements that make up financial modelling and how each of these can be applied in a practical manner with a practical example
- Identify examples of financial modelling tools that exist, including pros and cons.
Explain why the foundational elements of financial models need to exist to cope with uncertainty.
The participants of the webinar will get the following benefits:
- Become aware of the recognised standards and best practices in financial modelling
- Have a framework to assess financial modelling tools
- Get a real example of what a well built and compliant financial model looks like, including a detailed walk through on what makes it best practice.
Clarity and understanding of how forecasting, budgeting and modelling are different yet related activities.
LANCE RUBIN, FINANCIAL MODELLING EXPERT
Lance is a financial modelling expert across a range of diverse businesses and sectors. With over 20 years’ experience as an investment banker and CFO, he has developed strong capabilities across a range of products and markets with a deep understanding of debt markets and the broader financial markets. He has worked with all layers of business, from operational to Board level. This positions him very well for working with CFOs, Finance teams and accountants of all background in the work he and his team delivers.
Topic: Corporate Finance
Sub-Topic: Financial Modelling, Solve Problems
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Foundation
CPD: Upto 1 hours