Foundations of Tax 2021-23 – Session 9: Capital allowances: Core rules
This session was recorded on 24 March 2022.
On successful completion of this topic, participants should be able to:
- Explain the concept of depreciation (i.e. decline in value) and the conceptual framework of Division 40 ITAA97
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key concepts that must be utilised when calculating depreciation deductions including:
- Effective life
- The prime cost and diminishing value methods
- Balancing adjustment event
- Apply these issues in a practical context.
These concise sessions have been specifically designed for our online education platform, to ensure that you get an in-depth understanding of the fundamental tax topics in minimal time.
Senior Tax and Superannuation Trainer, Chartered Accountants ANZ
Tristan has more than 25 years’ tax experience in organisations such as the Australian Taxation Office, PwC, CCH and HLB Mann Judd. He was the national tax director at Crowe Horwath immediately before joining Chartered Accountants ANZ. His role required a good working knowledge of tax and risk issues for mid-tier accounting firms operating in the small to medium enterprise (SME) sector. Tristan’s expertise is in company and trust taxation for SMEs and high net worth clients.
Sub-Topic: Business Tax, Employment Taxes - PAYE, PAYG & FBT, Income Tax, International Tax, State/Territory Taxes, Tax Administration
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Foundation
CPD: Upto 1.5 hours