Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) Workshop
In this workshop you will consider the key concepts, requirements and opportunities of fringe benefits tax (FBT). By working through examples you will be able to raise issues, share experiences and connect theory with real life examples.
This workshop provides a comprehensive overview of key FBT principles, and enables you to keep on top of changes and developments in the FBT landscape.
This workshop will cover the treatment of the following FBT issues:
- Car fringe benefits
- Loan fringe benefits
- Expense payment fringe benefits
- Living away from home allowances
- Car Parking
- Property and residual fringe benefits
- Employee Share Schemes
- Reportable fringe benefit amounts.
Upon satisfactory completion of this workshop you will be able to:
- Recognise when FBT applies
- Appropriately classify fringe benefits
- Identify the key components relevant to the calculation of each benefit to determine an employer’s FBT liability
- Explain the various FBT exemptions and reductions available to employers
- Outline recent changes and developments in the FBT landscape and their impacts
- Determine how to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies in the FBT preparation process.
If you are a tax, finance or payroll professional this workshop will assist you in understanding and applying FBT, and keeping your FBT knowledge up to date. This is essential whether you are advising on FBT/salary packaging or preparing/reviewing FBT returns.
Attendees will receive a comprehensive workbook that includes the content and practical examples covered in the workshop.
CA ANZ experienced tax trainers
Level 18 Bourke Place
600 Bourke Street
Level 13 Waterfront Place
1 Eagle Street
33 Erskine Street
2 Mill Street
An automatic 15% discount is applied to groups of 3+ registrants.
CA ANZ members working 125km or more from the event location can use discount code CAANZREG20 for a 20% regional discount. Please note regional registrations are audited and are only available to members.
Discounts cannot be combined
Sub-Topic: Employment Taxes - PAYE, PAYG & FBT
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate
CPD: 6.5 hours