Inclusive communication and decision-making
This webinar will equip you with techniques to support you in approaching decision-making from a more inclusive perspective. You will learn practical skills and leverage best practices to recognise and challenge bias in decision-making, use inclusive language, develop, and champion a workplace culture that values difference by accessing diversity of thoughts, perspectives and experiences.
The benefits of attending this recorded webinar include how to be an upstander for inclusion, communicate through inclusive language and invite a diverse range of perspectives in our meetings and team interactions:
- Participants will learn to approach decision-making from a more inclusive perspective, considering diverse perspectives and experiences. This can lead to more effective and equitable decisions that take into account the needs and interests of all stakeholders
By developing inclusive communication and decision-making skills, participants will be better equipped to work in diverse teams and collaborate more effectively with colleagues, clients and communities with diverse lived experiences
- Unconscious bias occurs when we don’t consider all available options and without respectfully challenging each other's assumptions. Inclusive decision-making helps to reduce unconscious bias by bringing in diverse perspectives and encouraging critical thinking
- Increased innovation: Diverse perspectives can lead to increased innovation and creativity in decision-making. By involving people from different backgrounds, organizations can tap into a wider range of ideas and approaches, leading to more innovative solutions
- Includes real-life examples, international research studies, and global best practices.
By attending this recorded webinar, you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Improved problem-solving and decision-making by taking into account the diversity of perspectives and thinking styles
- Practical actions to disrupt unconscious bias and be more inclusive in our daily interactions
- Gain the skills and strategies needed to promote inclusive decision-making
- Become a more inclusive colleague and leader, including awareness of inclusive communication.
This webinar is the 2nd part of a two-part series. The 1st session is about diversity, equity and inclusion fundamentals – what it means for your team, firm and the profession, and is available here.
Grazia Pecoraro (she/her)
Grazia founded Perspective Hive in 2017 as a hub of expertise that helps companies value differences. She consults with clients across multiple industries including the not-for-profit space, finance, education, retail, infrastructure and healthcare. Prior to her consulting career, Grazia led various diversity programs for Westpac, a number of which were recognised as leading practices through the Australian Human Rights Awards, HR Awards and Government Disability Awards. Born in South Africa during the pinnacle years of apartheid and living with a vision impairment, Grazia has a heightened awareness of privilege and its impact on inclusion.
Topic: People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Leadership, Personal Effectiveness
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: All
CPD: Upto 1 hours