Insolvency for Accountants
This activity is published by accountingcpd.
All year round, and on every accountingcpd purchase you make, get 10% off as a CA ANZ member. Just use code CAANZ101.
Please note you will be directed to accountingcpd to purchase this product.
Economic turbulence and cash flow pressures continue to drive the insolvency landscape, and accountants are increasingly playing a key role. This course enables you to spot signs of business failure and equips you to help with turnaround, and understand your role, if the insolvency process is necessary.
In the ever-evolving financial landscape, accountants play a pivotal role in identifying, evaluating, and addressing insolvency issues that can threaten the viability of businesses. This comprehensive course will equip accountants with the essential knowledge and skills to navigate the complexities of insolvency, providing valuable insights into business rescue, restructuring, and liquidation processes.
• Understanding Insolvency and Its Implications
• Business Rescue and Turnaround Strategies
• Liquidation Processes and Asset Realization
• Ethical Considerations in Insolvency Practice
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity, you will be able to:
• Define insolvency and explain its various forms, causes, and legal implications.
• Identify early warning signs of financial distress and assess the potential impact of insolvency on businesses, creditors, and stakeholders.
• Evaluate the feasibility of business rescue strategies and assess the likelihood of business recovery.
• Effectively administer liquidation estates, manage asset realization, and protect the interests of creditors and stakeholders.
• Maintain ethical conduct, ensure transparency, and uphold professional standards in challenging insolvency situations.
By attending this activity, you will gain the essential knowledge and skills to navigate the complexities of insolvency, providing valuable insights into business rescue, restructuring, and liquidation processes, empowering you to assist businesses facing financial challenges.
Carol Baker is Editor-in-Chief at Credit Control Journal and Asset & Risk Review, IT for CEOs & CFOs, and PROPERTY FINANCE & lifestyle. The author of a number of books, she specialises in areas ranging from asset and risk management to technology, from compliance and governance to corporate strategy and development. She has been a journalist for a number of years including for the ICAEW, the Financial Times, and the Guardian. She is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management.
Topic: Business Mindset, Ethics & Integrity, Insolvency, Reporting
Sub-Topic: Business Planning & Analysis, Business Valuation, Ethics, Insolvency, Risk Management
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 4 hours