Introduction to Finance Business Partnering
This course introduces the concept of Finance Business Partnering.
Finance departments are re-designing themselves to incorporate finance business partnering as the front-line of their efforts to demonstrate that they add value to decision-makers.
This course sets out the thinking behind finance business partnering as well as the practical steps involved in becoming a trusted adviser and creating real impact on the strategic decisions and direction of the organisation.
The course covers:
- Partnering and the skills and behaviours of effective business advisers
- Overcoming barriers to change
- The partnering process
- Strategies for making the transition to effective business partner
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Define business partnering and its importance in adding value.
- Understand what business partners do, how they behave, and the attitudes, skills and behaviours needed.
- Understand the challenges to the idea of business partnering and to implementing business partnering.
- Use established methods/tools/procedures etc. to overcome the challenges at an organisational, departmental and individual level.
- Understand the 'operating model' of business partnering, who is involved and their roles.
- Construct the priorities and strategies for the finance department.
- Apply strategies for implementing changes in the workplace.
This course introduces you to the core concepts of finance business partnering and defines the skills and traits needed to deliver maximum value as a trusted finance business partner.
Topic: Corporate Finance
Sub-Topic: Business Planning & Analysis
Proficiency Level: Foundation
CPD: Upto 4 hours