Introduction to Financial Modelling - eLearning
Save $180AUD and get twenty hours of CPD at your fingertips when you pick any five, four hour CPD courses for just $495AUD. Use code CAANZ20
When done well, financial models are powerful tools that can be used to help organisations make good business decisions. But building robust and relevant financial models is not always easy.
This course provides a solid introduction to financial modelling - exploring why and how they are used by businesses, and how the standards (FAST) that exist can ensure that the financial models you develop work for your businesses. It also looks in detail at how the models are set up, how concept diagrams can be useful and the different considerations that feed into building calculations.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
• Understand what constitutes a financial model, why businesses use models and some of the inherent limitations.
• Recognise what standards are, why they are used and which are the commonly accepted standards.
• Establish how to set up and structure input sheets, working sheets and output sheets.
• Understand how to make concept diagrams.
• Apply best practice calculation block structure and key Excel functions that are commonly used.
You will be able to define the purpose of financial models and gain the skills to enable you to build a simple financial model in Excel.
No materials distributed.
No assessments required.
Topic: Corporate Finance
Sub-Topic: Financial Modelling
Proficiency Level: Foundation
CPD: Upto 4 hours