Legal Framework of Governance - eLearning
Online courses allow you to adjust your study to your career and lifestyle commitments. As an online student you will receive:
• access to short recordings (broadband internet access required), focusing on the key content of the course - you can view the presentation multiple times within 21 days from the date of purchase.
• an electronic copy of course materials for you to download and print, if desired.
The aim of this activity is to outline the various definitions and legal frameworks that underpin corporate governance, and provide an understanding of the key principles and statutory requirements associated with being a director or officer of an organisation.
Content DescriptionThis informative half-day course examines legislation, regulations and case law that underpin governance systems in companies and other organisations. Understand the legal framework of the corporate legislation that underpins governance law. Gain a practical overview of governance issues affected by the Australian legal system and regulatory bodies such as ASIC and ASX. Using case studies and recent examples of both ‘good’ and ‘bad’ governance practice, this course is ideal for company and board secretaries and assistants, as well as governance para-professionals keen to increase their understanding of the legal framework and good governance.
Learning OutcomesUpon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
• Identify good governance practices and their application to legal frameworks.
• Identify the sources of Australian law and the main areas of governance-related law.
• Differentiate between due diligence and compliance programs to managing governance obligations.
• Locate applicable resources in the areas of law and governance.
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the legal framework that underpins governance law. Examine relevant legislation, regulation and case law. Understand the governance issues affected by ASIC and ASX. Gain an understanding of the ASX Listing Rules and the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations, 3rd edition, and how they affect the regulation of governance.
Topic: Ethics & Integrity
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate
CPD: 3.5 hours