Measuring and Managing Your Carbon Performance
All year round, and on every accountingcpd purchase you make, get 10% off as a CA ANZ member. Just use code CAANZ101.
Please note you will be directed to accountingcpd to purchase this product.
Consumers, employees and major investors are increasingly choosing climate-friendly brands. This course explains how a rigorous approach to carbon performance management will enable you to measure your organisation's carbon emissions and understand how to manage and reduce your carbon footprint.
Organisations in all sectors are facing increasing pressure to improve their carbon performance. Consumers are choosing brands that are climate friendly, employees are becoming selective about whom they want to work for, and major investors are diverting huge funds towards those companies that can prove they are managing their carbon footprint effectively.
Improve your understanding of carbon performance through this course with modules on the current international standards, the impact of greenhouse gases and the three different Scopes of measurement. You will learn how to measure your organisation's carbon emissions and understand how to manage and reduce your carbon footprint.
- International standards
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Measuring carbon emissions
- Scope 3 emissions
- Calculating climate impact
- Managing carbon performance
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity, you will be able to:
- Understand the international standards designed to combat climate change, with which organisations need to comply.
- Identify the impact of the main greenhouse gases and define the three Scopes of measurement for carbon emissions.
- Manage carbon emissions and learn how to measure them using carbon dioxide equivalents.
- Define the differences between Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions and how they are measured.
- Calculate your organisation’s carbon performance through the six steps of carbon performance management.
- Develop a process to manage your organisation’s carbon performance and reduce its carbon footprint.
Organisations play an important role in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and accountants are placed to support the measurement and management of the organisation’s carbon footprint. This course will show you how so that you can start to take action to reduce your emissions.
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. Ross has worked as a consultant and trainer for over 20 years, specialising in process improvement and lean for finance teams.
Topic: Future Focused
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 4 hours