Meeting ASIC requirements - eLearning
Online courses allow you to adjust your study to your career and lifestyle commitments. As an online student you will receive:
• access to short recordings (broadband internet access required), focusing on the key content of the course - you can view the presentation multiple times within 21 days from the date of purchase.
• an electronic copy of course materials for you to download and print, if desired.
The aim of this course is to present the forms and reporting required by ASIC.
Content DescriptionThis half-day course provides a practical and applied approach to meeting ASIC requirements. ASIC is the regulator of company behaviour, and it is essential to have a sound and current understanding of both the enabling and limiting conditions of governance regulations. Designed in close consultation with industry practitioners, this course provides essential information for completing annual statements, an understanding of the impact of requirements in dealing with ASIC, clarity on your role in meeting ASIC requirements and practical tips for meeting lodging requirements. Newly appointed company secretaries and those keen to consolidate and refresh their knowledge of ASIC requirements should attend this course.
Learning OutcomesUpon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
• Define the core objectives of ASIC as well as other regulators and frameworks.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant ASIC requirements.
• Identify and complete essential forms using practical examples to meet ASIC requirements.
• Locate useful resources in the areas of regulation and governance.
Capability to implement a practical and applied approach to meeting ASIC requirements. Acquire the skills to plan and meet lodging requirements, and the confidence in completing key forms and ensuring compliance obligations are met, including: annual statements, Form 484s, solvency resolutions and the ‘ultimate holding company’ reporting regime. Gain familiarity with the key dates for lodging with ASIC.
Topic: Ethics & Integrity
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate
CPD: Upto 3.5 hours