Meetings, Minutes and Resolutions - eLearning
Online courses allow you to adjust your study to your career and lifestyle commitments. As an online student you will receive:
• access to short recordings (broadband internet access required), focusing on the key content of the course - you can view the presentation multiple times within 21 days from the date of purchase.
• an electronic copy of course materials for you to download and print, if desired.
The aim of this course is to provide an overview of how to conduct effective meetings, maximising use of time for the best interests of the company and meeting attendees.
Content DescriptionThis activity offers guidance on the legal issues, regulatory requirements and core functions for those involved in meetings, minute taking and recording resolutions. You will examine the types of meetings and appropriate styles for running meetings, learning from examples of key documents, course notes, case studies and other sources of information. Ideal for anyone involved in managing meetings or understanding the protocols and procedures for conducting any form of meeting.
Note: Please consider the short course Effective Minute Taking if your role involves taking minutes at meetings and you require an understanding of recording resolutions, outcomes and actions.
Learning OutcomesUpon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
• Identify the statutory requirements for both directors’ and members’ meetings.
• Develop best practice in conducting directors’ and members’ meetings.
• Recommend possible solutions to resolve conflicts.
• Locate useful resources in the areas of legislation and meetings.
Understand current and recognised good practice. Gain knowledge of the legal issues and core functions relating to various types of meetings: shareholder/members meetings, class meetings, directors’ meetings, creditors’ and other meetings. Increased confidence in calling and running a meeting, and understanding the protocols for preparing minutes and resolutions. Understanding the importance of minutes and the impact of the ‘business judgment’ rule. Gain the opportunity to get your questions answered.
Topic: Ethics & Integrity
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate
CPD: Upto 3.5 hours