Mental Health Insights and Strategies
You will also explore strategies for better mental health. You will:
- Explore the extent of mental health issues
- Understand the importance of seeking help early and the role you can play to encourage this to happen
- Gain an introductory understanding of the more common mental health issues and what they look like including compassion fatigue which can occur in professionals helping clients who are suffering in some way
- Explore the keys ways in which you can have a conversation asking if someone is OK
Explore practical steps you can take for mental well-being and coping when things get tough.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity, delegates will be able to:
- Understand what symptoms a person with a mental health issue may have
- Implement strategies and mindsets for better mental well-being
- Initiate a conversation with someone about mental health
- Understand the common barriers someone may have to seeking help
- Know where to go for help with mental health issues.
Mental illness is debilitating and the sooner it is treated, the better the health outcome. Your work environment is healthier when people have the courage and the compassion to ask others if they are Ok and then to direct them to appropriate help.
Director, Master Results Coach, Master Performance Consultant, Master NLP Practitioner, Master Ericsonian Hypnosis, Mindfulness Practitioner
Petris holds Commerce and Law degrees from the University of Queensland and a Master Of Laws from the Queensland University of Technology. In 2015 she was made an Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Public Accountants for services to the profession.
She has worked in the taxation division of one of the world’s largest accounting firms, in banking, been a University law lecturer (specialising in advanced legal subjects for post-graduate students), an external author for CCH Australia, the director and senior trainer of a tax training organisation (Tax Matters Pty Ltd) and the director and senior trainer of Petris Lapis Pty Ltd. She has consulted to the corporate, government and not for profit sectors and has been an accredited Senior Mindfulness Trainer with the Potential Project. She has nearly 25 years’ experience as a conference and workshop presenter. Her passion, enthusiasm and humour are loved by audiences internationally.
She has been a committee member of several professional bodies and contributed to their education programmes as a presenter, author and advisor. She has published several books and hundreds of papers.
Petris is passionate about helping people live great lives, fulfil their potential, and achieve success.
Topic: People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Personal Effectiveness
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: All
CPD: Upto 1 hours