Mindsets to help you grow commercial acumen
Commercial acumen is an essential career skill. It is different from financial acumen which is related to making decisions based on financial statements and monetary impact. Commercial acumen is not a ‘set and forget’ skillset. As the world around us changes rapidly, it helps if we have a mindset that helps us continually adapt and grow our commercial acumen.
This webinar explores the mindsets you need so that you can stay on the top of your commercial acumen game including a growth mindset, openness to receiving and giving feedback, and managing your time so you work ‘on’ as well as ‘in’ a business, embracing creative and innovative ways of thinking, overcoming roadblocks and the power of a mentor.
This webinar benefits you by:
- Helping you craft the mindsets required to continuously grow and improve your commercial acumen
- Giving you practical tools and strategies you can use to constantly update your commercial acumen
- Providing mindset strategies you can use when advising organisations
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the key aspects of a growth mindset and know how to stay in it yourself more often
- Carve out space and time for looking at the bigger picture instead of staying swamped in daily tasks
- Identify some key skills for thinking more creatively and innovatively
- Articulate your message about commercial acumen to your team and bring them on the journey with you
This webinar is the 2nd part of a two-part series. The 1st session is about ‘Big picture essentials for commercial acumen’, and is available here.
Petris Lapis B Com LLB LLM FIPA FFA
Petris holds Commerce and Law degrees from the University of Queensland and a Master Of Laws from the Queensland University of Technology. In 2015 she was made an Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Public Accountants for services to the profession.
She has worked in the taxation division of one of the world’s largest accounting firms, in banking, as a University law lecturer (specialising in advanced legal subjects for post-graduate students), as an external author for CCH Australia, the director and senior trainer of a tax training organisation (Tax Matters Pty Ltd) and the director and senior trainer of Artisan Of Change. She has consulted with the corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors and has been an accredited Senior Mindfulness Trainer with the Potential Project. She has nearly 25 years of experience as a conference and workshop presenter. Her passion, enthusiasm and humour are loved by audiences internationally.
She has been a committee member of several professional bodies and contributed to their education programmes as a presenter, author and advisor. She has published several books and hundreds of papers.
Petris is passionate about helping organisations build positive cultures and supporting people to live great lives, fulfil their potential, and achieve success.
Topic: Business Mindset
Sub-Topic: Personal Effectiveness, Strategy
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: All
CPD: Upto 1 hours