NZ Advanced Tax for Australian Finance Professionals Workshop
The tax world is rapidly changing, and it is no different in New Zealand. Keeping up to date with recent and proposed legislative tax changes, adopting digital technologies and having a constructive relationship with Inland Revenue are critical to operating a successful business.
The workshop will help Australian based finance professionals who have responsibility for New Zealand tax compliance to understand their responsibilities and requirements. Participants will have the opportunity to gain insights from Senior PwC New Zealand Tax specialists, who will facilitate in-depth sessions on the key areas of New Zealand tax. This advanced course will discuss case studies and the practical challenges of managing New Zealand tax compliance.
This workshop will ensure your tax knowledge is fit for purpose so you can add value to your organization, and builds on our popular foundation workshop.
Senior PwC New Zealand Tax specialists will facilitate in-depth practical sessions on the key areas of New Zealand tax, including topical tax issues specific to New Zealand companies with overseas shareholders or subsidiaries will be covered including transfer pricing, financing and employee mobility.
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify the key NZ tax updates
- Describe the requirements for NZ corporate income tax compliance
- Identify how to deal with Inland Revenue, e.g. during risk reviews, audits and requesting amendments
- Explain the basics of Customs, Goods and Services Tax (GST) and common pitfalls
- Describe Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT), compliance requirements and risks associated with providing rewards
- Explain how to keep compliant with a mobile workforce
- Identify the challenges for a multi-national business
- Identify some tax functions of the future.
This workshop will be held over two days and will use a mix of presentations and practical case studies to cover the following*:
- Tax knowledge sharing – essential updates
- Corporate income tax compliance
- Advanced corporate income tax case studies
- Dealing with Inland Revenue
- GST & Customs
- Fringe Benefits - the risks associated with providing rewards
- Keeping compliant with a mobile workforce
- Challenges for a multi-national business
- Tax functions of the future.
*The above topics are based on the workshop topics during 2017. The actual content will be determined closer to the time to ensure the workshops are up to date and relevant to you in the rapidly changing tax world.
Local PwC Offices
Sub-Topic: Business Tax, GST, International Tax
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: 13 hours