Advanced New Zealand Tax Training Premium Workshop
This premium package includes the 2 day advanced tax workshop, plus a 1 hour follow up with a PwC Presenter.
The two day course builds on our popular foundation workshop, through in-depth and practical sessions on key areas of New Zealand tax facilitated by senior PwC New Zealand tax specialists.
The workshops will be fun and interactive, to help you understand your responsibilities and requirements in meeting your New Zealand tax obligations. All key taxes will be covered, including income tax, GST, FBT and payroll obligations.
Tax issues specific to New Zealand companies with overseas shareholders or subsidiaries will be covered including transfer pricing, financing and employee mobility.
For more information, please click here.
The tax world is rapidly changing, and it is no different in New Zealand. Keeping up to date with recent and proposed legislative tax changes, adopting digital technologies and having a constructive relationship with Inland Revenue are critical to operating a successful business. Our workshops will ensure your tax knowledge is fit for purpose so you can add value to your organisation.
This workshop will use a mix of presentations and practical case studies to cover the following*:
- Tax Knowledge Sharing – essential updates.
- Corporate income tax compliance refresher including advanced corporate income tax case studies.
- Changes resulting from the Tax Working Group recommendations including capital gains tax and what it could mean for your NZ business and investments.
- Assessing your eligibility and how to claim your R&D tax credit for 2019.
- PAYE issues including new reporting requirements and keeping compliant with a mobile workforce.
- Challenges for a multinational business including the practical impacts of BEPs changes and the ATO ruling on corporate residency.
- Risks and opportunities presented by the new Customs Act.
- GST updates including imported low value goods and digital services.
- Tax functions of the future.
- Fringe Benefits - the risks associated with providing rewards.
*The above topics are, based on the workshops we ran during 2018. The actual content will be finalised closer to the time to ensure the workshops are up to date and relevant to you in the rapidly changing tax world.
Our Advanced Premium workshop will also include a dedicated session with a PwC Director at a time of your choosing to answer any question you may have.
Understand your responsibilities and requirements in meeting your New Zealand Tax obligations.
Includes a dedicated one hour catered session with a PwC Director at a time of your choosing to answer any question you may have.
Tom McCallum is a Director in PwC’s Wellington office with over 15 years of tax experience. He started his career with PwC in London before moving to Wellington in 2009. He has a broad base of clients across different industries including high net worth individuals, private businesses and partnerships, multinationals and listed companies. Tom leads the delivery of NZ tax services to over 50 clients that are headquartered in Australia and has wide experience in advising clients on complex tax issues as well as focussing on the annual compliance processes and the challenges these bring.
Jodee Webb is a Director in PwC’s Wellington office. Jodee has over 15years tax experience with a predominantly corporate tax background specialising in M&A and accounting based issues and compliance. Jodee has a wide client base covering the infrastructure, natural resources and energy sector as well as corporate entities with trans-tasman considerations.
Sub-Topic: Business Tax, Employment Taxes - PAYE, PAYG & FBT, GST, Income Tax, Income Tax (inc CGT), International Tax, Tax Administration
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: 15 hours