Not for Profit Day 2018
This product is currently on sale: Use promo code NY25 at checkout to receive 25% off. Hurry, offer expires 11:59pm, Thursday 31 Jan 2019.Are you a member of the finance team, an advisor or an auditor of a not for profit entity? Join this full day webcast to delve into the hot topics impacting finance professionals in the NFP industry. Stay up to date with structural reforms, consider cyber and privacy risk, prepare for the new revenue and leases standards and delve into the practical implications for your organisation or clients.
About This Event:
This recorded webcast brings together industry participants and advisors to dissect the changing not-for-profit sector and unpack the implications for finance professionals working in, advising or auditing not-for-profit organisations. This recorded webcast will focus on:
- Rapidly changing NFP landscape and setting the scene with in-depth insights into the scheme and the impact on the industry
- Learn how the sector is adapting and hear from successful NFPs on their strategy for a sustainable future
- Key changes impacting the industry and get the chance to upskill on cyber risk and privacy and learn practical strategies to implement in the unique NFP environment
- Hear more about the implementation of the revenue and leasing standards in NFPs and the latest on FBT and salary packaging
For further session information please see the Agenda tab.
Upon satisfactory completion of this webcast you will be able to:
- Identify the factors that make an NFP 'well-run'
- Evaluate potential strategies NFPs may apply to adapt to the changing industry landscape including the marketisation of charities and changes in funding models
- Analyse the business model of an effective not-for-profit and how alignment of social impacts shape an organisations' operating structure
- Outline the critical cyber-driven issues and the focus areas within an NFP including the affects under the privacy amendment (notifiable data breaches) bill 2016
- Explain the practical implications of the revenue recognition standard changes
- Interpret the changes and effects of the upcoming changes under the leases accounting standard
- Develop appropriate FBT and salary packages as they apply to your NFP organisation
As finance professionals working with or in the not-for-profit industry, add value to your organisation or clients by staying up to date with the changes in not-for-profits and the impact on the industry and audit.
Session 1 - David Gilchrist, The University of WA
Where are we now? - NFPs in 2018:
- Join David Gilchrist as he runs you through developments in the industry over the last 12 months. Gain insights into changes in funding including an update for NDIS supporting entities and the evolving business models for NFPs.
Session 2 - Dr Lyndsey McKee, UNSW
Amplify: innovation and insights to improve the social world:
- In Australia, we spend $500 billion on social purpose programs and initiatives, yet often, we don’t know if these are effective. Hear from Dr Lyndsey McKee, CSI Director from the Centre for Social Impact as she shares insights into the innovative strategies being developed to measure, demonstrate and improve social impact.
Session 3 - John Morrissey, JFM Law
Legal challenges and compliance for your NFP organisation:
- From changes in funding to evolving business models, the core structures of NFP organisations are transforming. John has had over 20 years experience as a solicitor working with NFP organisations and will provide you with the developments in the industry from an operational legal perspective. He will tackle the current issues that could affect your organisation such as the changing face of the NFP workforce to the considerations under changes in government funding and the effects of the NDIS where applicable.
Session 4 - George Liacos, Spark Strategy
NFP Sustainability: Business Models for Survival and Scale:
- Sustainable funding is today’s holy grail for not-for-profits, and it’s proving to be just as elusive. With the tightening of government purse strings, extreme policy shifts and increased competition, not-for-profits can no longer rely on traditional models to survive, they have to think differently about creating social value. This practical session, for leaders and directors, will explore elements of the business model, and how these can serve as levers for survival and scale.
Session 5 - Roland Leggat, CTO 365in365
Protect your organisation in a cyber-driven world:
- Roland will take you on a journey of Cybersecurity for you and your customers. As part of his role as CTO for BlinkSecureTech, Roland provides strategic Cybersecurity roadmaps and consultation to several NFP organisations. People, process and technology are the three tenants of an holistic cyber security strategy, if you want to know and understand best practices attend this session. New legislation both local and global will change the way organisation collect, manage, monitor, and protect data. The session does not assume any prior knowledge of computer security and can be enjoyed by anyone interested in improving the cybersecurity of part of their digital information. Managing security risks will be our focus: risk analysis and management based on the NIST standard in preparation for Mandatory Data Breach Amendments and GDPR.
Session 6 - Claire Ward, Nexia Australia
Revenue recognition change is here - are you ready?:
- Whether you work with or within an NFP organisation, its important that you are on top of the revenue recognition changes that took affect from 1 January 2018. This session will provide a snapshot of the revenue changes and the practical implications for your organisation.
Session 7 - Claire Ward, Nexia Australia
Get ready for change - leases and the impacts on your organisation:
- This session will assist you in preparing your teams to stay on top of the upcoming changes to the leases standard. Whether you work within or with an NFP organisation that has leases on the books these changes will affect the way that they are recognised and presented.
Session 8 - Amanda Spinks, EY
Practical FBT and salary packaging for NFPs - what you need to know:
- Salary packaging is a great way for NFPs to take advantage of concessions as well as attracting and retaining talent. This session will explore the practical salary packages that have been effectively implemented by NFP organisations and the tax benefits and implications for your organisation to consider for your upcoming tax lodgements.
Are you a member of the finance team, an advisor or an auditor of a not for profit entity? Join this full day webcast to delve into the hot topics impacting finance professionals in the NFP industry. Stay up to date with structural reforms, consider cyber and privacy risk, prepare for the new revenue and leases standards and delve into the practical implications for your organisation or clients.
Topic: Audit & Assurance, Reporting, Tax
Sub-Topic: Business Reporting, Employment Taxes - PAYE, PAYG & FBT, Financial Reporting, Financial Statement Audit, Other Assurance Engagements
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: 6 hours