Operation AGM - eLearning
Online courses allow you to adjust your study to your career and lifestyle commitments. As an online student you will receive:
• access to short recordings (broadband internet access required), focusing on the key content of the course - you can view the presentation multiple times within 21 days from the date of purchase.
• an electronic copy of course materials for you to download and print, if desired.
The aim of this course is to examine the core elements of planning, organising and running an AGM, which is a key responsibility of the company secretary.
Content DescriptionThis highly engaging half-day course provides governance professionals with valuable information and practical approaches for taking control of an AGM. You will consider in detail how to organise an AGM. You will also receive guidance on providing counsel to the chairman and directors, enhance your knowledge of meeting requirements and procedures, on conducting an AGM, and gain access to sample documentation, saving you both time and effort.
Learning OutcomesUpon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
• Explain the basic AGM requirements set down in the Corporations Act and the ASX Listing Rules.
• Describe how the legislation and guidelines interact with accepted meeting procedures in the conduct of members’ meetings.
• Identify practical issues that arise during an AGM, overcome contentious matters and manage decorum.
• Locate and apply useful resources in the areas of legislation and meetings.
Consolidate your knowledge and increase your effectiveness in running AGMs. Become skilled in meeting preliminaries, notices, objections to minutes, points of order, procedural motions, minutes proxy forms, voting cards and meeting timetables. Gain a sound understanding of the dynamics and role of the board, secretary and chairman and their interaction with shareholders. Develop expertise in conducting polls, re-electing directors, annual accounts, dividends and payments on retirement.
Topic: Ethics & Integrity
Proficiency Level: Foundation
CPD: 3.5 hours