Preparing and analysing data - micro course
Preparing and analysing data covers the tasks of data gathering, preparation (including data cleansing and transformation), and analysis of data using either descriptive or diagnostic analytics approaches. Learners will apply their learning by working with a case study organisation to prepare and analyse data in realistic situation.
This micro course consists of 8 hours of self-paced digital learning.
The above self-paced timings are an estimate. This course provides the flexibility to access the online content at any time and study at your own pace. The time it takes you to complete the digital learning component will depend on your level of prior knowledge, competency level and pace of study.
This course does not have a mandatory assessment component. However, you are encouraged to attempt online quizzes to challenge yourself and validate your understanding of the course topics.
By completing this micro course, you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the suitability of data
- Gather data into a data analysis tool (Microsoft Power BI)
- Manage privacy during data-gathering
- Prepare data for further analysis
- Describe the data analysis strategies available to businesses
- Select the data analysis strategy best suited to the business needs
- Apply data analysis strategies to generate insights.
Learn more about micro coursesor explore other available topics.
This course will be taught on the CA ANZ My Capability - Learn Learning Management System, which can be accessed via computer, laptop or other similar technology. For an excellent experience, the technical requirements below are recommended, however the course will function with lower specifications. Please note you’ll need access to Microsoft Power BI.
- Windows 10 (latest version)
- Mac OSX Catalina (10.15)
- 10 Mbps download
- 4 Mbps upload
- Chrome (latest version)
- MS Edge (latest chromium version)
RAM (random access memory)
- 8 GB (<75% used)
- 1280 x 1024 px
- 1280 x 720 px
- Access to Microsoft PowerBI
- Analysis Toolpak in Excel (a Microsoft Add-in)
- Headset with microphone
Topic: Business Mindset
Sub-Topic: Operational Excellence
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate
CPD: Upto 8 hours