Professional Certificate in Infrastructure Financial Management
In this course you will build your knowledge in infrastructure financial management. You will gain the capability to work across your organisation linking asset management planning and financial management planning to achieve service objectives.
During the course you will explore the role of the Long-Term Financial Plan and the Financial Strategy, including the use of financial sustainability indicators, recognising infrastructure assets in the preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with international accounting principles. You will be able to apply a consistent and appropriate approach to the performance measures used for informed decision making and reporting relating to infrastructure finance management.
The course is delivered over 6 modules via a mix of online content, videos and coursework where you will learn global best-practice from internationally renowned experts.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Explain how infrastructure financial management reporting fits into the broader picture of ongoing infrastructure service delivery.
- Apply a stewardship approach to manage infrastructure to provide needed services in a financial sustainable manner.
- Determine the approaches required to identify what organisations’ customers can afford.
- Demonstrate how to derive additional benefits from long-term financial planning over annual budgeting.
- Link asset management plans to long-term financial planning.
- Connect the trade-off consequences to decisions between service, risk and cost in determining asset management plans and financial strategies.
- Recognise infrastructure assets in the preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with international accounting principles.
- Explain the critical importance of using current values for infrastructure assets in developing financial strategies.
- Apply a consistent and appropriate approach to the performance measures used for informed decision making and reporting.
Continue your professional development and build your capability to lead your organisation in providing financially sustainable service delivery from Infrastructure.
1. 29 August 2022
2. 10 April 2023
Study Mode - 6 Online Modules
Duration - 7 weeks
CPD - 50-60 hours
This is a 100% online program, which gives you the flexibility to adapt your training to your professional and personal needs. You will be guided throughout the program by a personal learning mentor who will help you with activities.
IPWEA uses the latest in online learning platforms - Cahoot. Cahoot is a highly dynamic and innovative online educational environment that delivers world class learning experiences and outcomes to participants from around the world. In collaboration with inspirational global educators and organisations across the world, Cahoot delivers truly engaging and meaningful educational experiences.
Topic: Business Mindset, Corporate Finance
Sub-Topic: Finance Management, Operational Excellence
Format: Blended Learning
Proficiency Level: Intermediate
CPD: Upto 60 hours