Professional Ethics for Public Practice
This two-hour course counts towards the mandatory two-hour per triennium Ethics requirement as per the CR 7 regulation.
By exploring the concept of ethics in your business and personal lives, you’ll acquire the knowledge and tools to enable you to deepen your ethical awareness and further develop your ethical judgement.
As part of the webinar, you will work through a range of exercises based on typical dilemmas faced by members in public practice as you revise the principles, threats to principles and key requirements of the Code of Ethics. This will assist you to make well informed ethical decisions and take appropriate actions when implementing an ethical culture and/or dealing with ethical dilemmas. This course has been tailored to suit a public practice audience.
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of the Code of Ethics to the accounting profession.
- Understand the principles of the Code of Ethics.
- Outline the operation of the conceptual framework approach to upholding ethical principles.
- Identify personal biases and key influencers and how they impact on ethical decision making
- Identify common potential threats that may impact compliance with the principles.
- Question personal beliefs, motivations and attitudes and how they impact one’s ethics
- Apply ethical decision-making processes to identify ethical issues and actions when faced with ethical dilemmas.
- Understand the NOCLAR provisions.
What does ethical behaviour have to do with business success? Everything. Your reputation is your most valuable asset and behaving ethically, and in accordance with the Code of Ethics, is an essential element to maintaining and enhancing your reputation. Research has shown that the more often we are reminded of our ethical obligations the higher the likelihood we will respond appropriately when faced with an ethical dilemma. Join us for this recorded webinar, not to only meet your professional obligations, but to see that acting ethically can be a business changer.
Consultant – Lockeford Consulting Pty Ltd
A highly experienced consultant, educator and advisor with a passion for future proofing the accounting profession. Currently studying towards a GradCert in Social Impact at UNSW, specialising in measuring and reporting social impact.
Topic: Ethics & Integrity
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: All
CPD: Upto 2 hours