Public Sector Audit - IT Controls, Analytics & MLPs
WINTER CPD SALE Increasingly, the contracts for public sector audits require providers to exhibit the skills and capabilities to: Articulate the high level internal control environment over digital information systems; and Deliver assurance and/or identify areas for improvement in relation to IT and fraud minimisation
This webinar will address:
- How understanding the NSW Digital Information Security Policy can increase your business’s appeal to NSW Government agencies as well as assist you to protect your practice
- Why the Commonwealth’s new Notifiable Data Breaches (NDB) scheme matters to your firm and your public sector clients
- Entity Level internal controls and IT.…let’s look at things have moved on since your CA Program
- Accelerators and resources for Data Analytics
- Generating meaningful Management Letter Points (MLPs) for IT & fraud and corruption areas
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar you will be able to:
- Understand the increasing digital protection obligations on organisations serving the NSW public sector
- Assess the level of reputation risk to their firm and clients arising from recent changes to the Commonwealth’s Privacy Act
- Appreciate the broad dimensions of IT dependent internal controls in contemporary organisations relating to:
Identify areas for Management Letter Report comments derived from your financial statement audit that are relevant to IT Management and fraud mitigation
- Automated internal controls
- Key application systems access controls
- IT General Controls
Skills in managing risks and controls over digital information systems can both protect your Practice and increase the capability of your Practice to retain and win public sector audit tenders.
Mark Sercombe & Henry Szus lead a specialist risk CA advisory firm, Technology Risk.
Prior to 2015, Mark was a partner with Deloitte for 17 years and Henry was the IS Audit Director with the Audit Office of NSW (AONSW) for 9 years.
Mark is a FCA and Professional Fellow of the Institute of Internal Auditors and is well known in the field of Information Systems & Business Process risk being the lead author of three globally authoritative publications.
In addition to the AONSW, Henry’s experience includes extended periods in senior internal audit roles in major financial services institutions and at Big 4 firm
Topic: Audit & Assurance, Business Mindset, Ethics & Integrity, People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Financial Statement Audit, Governance, Information & Communication Technology, Negotiation, Other Assurance Engagements, Personal Effectiveness
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Advanced
CPD: 1 hours