Risk Management Essentials - eLearning
Online courses allow you to adjust your study to your career and lifestyle commitments. As an online student you will receive:
• access to short recordings (broadband internet access required), focusing on the key content of the course - you can view the presentation multiple times within 21 days from the date of purchase.
• an electronic copy of course materials for you to download and print, if desired.
A half-day course delivering practical information on the application of AS/NZS ISO 31000 and how to embed a risk-aware culture to enhance business opportunity and strategy.
Content DescriptionThe aim of the course is to provide an introduction to the discipline of risk management. This course provides an overview of how to establish an effective risk management framework within an organisation. You will gain an understanding of why a risk-aware culture is vital in achieving your organisational objectives and enhancing value, acquire the knowledge and skills to assess the effectiveness of risk management systems and processes, and gain an appreciation of the benefits of an enterprise-wide approach to risk management.
Learning OutcomesUpon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
• Define the principles and applications of the International Standard for risk management (AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009).
• Explain risk management in an organisational context of risk culture, risk appetite and tolerance, and risk management policy.
• Identify emerging risks in the current corporate climate.
• Locate useful resources in the area of risk management.
Understand the principles and application of AS/NZS ISO 31000 and the risk management process. Gain insights into emerging risk areas, such as reputational risk, cyber risk, natural disasters and data security. Recognise the benefits of effective risk management in terms of business opportunity and strategy, and gain insight into the future of risk management as a discipline.
Topic: Ethics & Integrity
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate
CPD: 3.5 hours