Security Risk - eLearning
Please email your name, contact number and course of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the CA ANZ member discount. A member of the Governance Institute Team will contact you to process your registration within 48 hours.
The aim of this course is to examine key areas of information security risk faced by organisations and to discuss the standards, guidelines, frameworks and methodologies available for their effective management.?
This course explores:
- Key information security management standards and frameworks.
- The governance context: what directors, executives and risk professionals should know and if they don’t know, what they need to find out.
- Technology security risk - an overview of the three levels of risk: technology governance, emerging technologies and global risks.
- Case studies for discussion, providing practical insights on relevant security risk issues.
- Cyber security – the elements of cyber security risk strategies.
- Managing information security risk is ongoing because of continual changes in the environment, technology, and the motivations of threat actors. These need to be continuously monitored and adapted to maintain an acceptable level of risk and a balance between strategic and operational security.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Understand key concepts in security risk.
- Understand how to develop a governance framework for approaching more complex security risks.
- Articulate a ‘defence in depth’ approach to the management of current security risk challenges.
- Form and express a view on steps that your organisation can take to develop security risk resilience.
- Gain the skills, knowledge and confidence for effective security risk management.
Gain the skills, knowledge and confidence for effective security risk management.
Topic: Corporate Finance, Ethics & Integrity
Sub-Topic: Governance, Risk Management
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 3.5 hours