Special Tax & Superannuation topics 2023-24 - SMSFs cans and cannots
With a large portion of the baby boomer client base heading into retirement, SMSF compliance should be a paramount concern for trustees and advisers alike. This session will serve as a refresher on the relevant SIS Act and Regulation rules throughout the various stages in the life of an SMSF.
- Identify potential non-commercial transactions that can lead to SMSF non-compliance
- Explain contribution splitting opportunities & Ryan’s Case
- Explain the implications of transferring BRP to an SMSF for less than market value
- Explain the interim & final death benefit payment
This session forms part of the Special Tax & Superannuation Topics Series. These concise 1.5-hour sessions have been specifically designed for an online platform to ensure training is informative, immersive and even fun. These sessions will:
- Ensure you get the critical knowledge you need while minimising your time out of the office.
- Assist you in providing proactive tax and superannuation advice and identifying tax planning opportunities early
- Help you avoid any possible traps and pitfalls
- Give you answers to the questions most relevant to you
Our partnership with Thomson Reuters gives you the most up-to-date information, updated regularly and enhanced by our technical specialists.
Continuing Professional Development Hours
The content covered in this topic constitutes verifiable CPD for CA ANZ, has been assessed for ASIC and FASEA CPD and also meets the Tax Practitioners Board's CPE requirements.
|CA ANZ||Up to 1.5 CPD hours|
|Tax Practitioners Board||Up to 1.5 CPD hours|
Looking for more? Our Essential Tax & Superannuation Updates perfectly complement these special topic sessions.
This series is presented by our Senior Tax & Superannuation trainers:
Peter McGinty, Senior Tax and Superannuation Trainer, CA ANZ
Peter has degrees in commerce and law from the University of Melbourne. He has more than 30 years’ experience in a chartered practice that focused on tax issues affecting family businesses, small and medium enterprises and high net worth individuals. Peter is an experienced tax trainer and is well regarded for his practical approach to staff training.
James McPhedran, Senior Tax and Superannuation Trainer, CA ANZ
James has 18 years’ experience in the industry, including roles at the Big Four accounting firms and advisory roles at mid-tier firms. He has been an educator with Chartered Accountants ANZ for 9 years. His advanced knowledge of taxation and superannuation has allowed him to focus on small to medium enterprises and high net worth individuals. James holds a bachelor’s degree in law and economics from the University of Queensland and a Master of Taxation from the University of Sydney
Sub-Topic: Income Tax
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 1.5 hours