Foundations of SMSFs - Superannuation investment rules – Complying with SIS
SMSFs have the ability to invest in a wide range of assets, including collectibles, in-house assets and business real property. As such, it is important to understand how the SIS Act and SIS Regulations work to guide and manage the investment activities of SMSF trustees and ensure the fund is maintained for retirement purposes.
Whether you’re starting your career in superannuation or an experienced professional looking for a refresher, this series will look at several areas in superannuation that are crucial for any solid foundation. Specifically, the session will examine:
- An introduction to superannuation investment rules
- The role of the investment strategy in the superannuation fund
- The sole purpose test and how the test applies when a superannuation fund is carrying on a business
- Exotic investments in artwork and collectibles
- Lending money or providing financial assistance
- Borrowing and charges over assets including limited recourse borrowing
- Restrictions on in-house assets and related party transactions
- Investments in related and unrelated unit trusts and companies.
This series will provide a solid foundation for any young professional and a great refresher for those more experienced in superannuation.
Topic: Financial Advisory and Superannuation
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Foundation
CPD: Upto 1 hours