FBP Kickstart Program - eLearning
As a CA ANZ member receive 10% off the FBP Kickstart Program, by using code CAANZ10 at checkout.
This series explores the core concepts and theories of finance business partnering. You will learn how to apply the QUIET approach to Finance Business Partnering, a framework that will determine if you are successful or not successful.
The video lessons will take you through the steps to help improve your
- Systems and processes and team capability
- Understanding your role, the organisation and the people within it
- How to start delivering insight to non finance viz presenting, visualisation and storytelling
- The mindset of a great FBP, which is different to that of an accountant
- How to form strong relationships and build trust with non finance
- Influence and persuasion techniques that will tweak your language and skills and get non finance to want to work with you
The series encourages you to think about the importance of shifting your focus from process, data and tables of numbers to the critical finance business partnering skills of focusing on people, insights and telling stories.
The series covers these topics:
- Prioritisation techniques for you and your team
- Risk based approaches to your work
- How to do analysis that your audience understands
- Understanding your role and how its different to an accountant
- Discovering drivers in your organisation rather than outcomes
- How to adapt your style to your audience
- How to deliver influential insight
- Present anything to anyone in less than an hour
- Storytelling techniques
- Visualisation made easy
- Mindset and your approach to Finance Business Partnering
- Relationships and Building Trust
- Additional references from other experts
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity, you will be able to:
- Understand the future of finance in a more virtual world and what it means for you.
- Build strong systems and processes that allow you to separate yourself from the transactional tasks
- Identify opportunities to add value within your organisation and focus your time on the drivers of that value.
- Build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Turn data into insight using a simple 3 step model.
- Visualise anything to anyone that is engaging and influential
- Present and communicate clear messages with confidence
This activity equips finance professionals with the knowledge and skills to deliver maximum value as a trusted finance business partner.
- Each module has an assessment at the end to ensure learning has been achieved
- Relevant worksheets and documents are provided throughout the program
- All online and available through a laptop or portable device
Andrew Jepson FCA has over 20 years commercial experience as a Chartered Accountant, he has spent the last five years dedicated to training, developing and lifting the impact and influence of accountants in commercial organisations.
He is the author of the book "Compliance to Commercial: The QUIET Approach to Finance Business Partnering" and has been a regular contributor to Acuity Magazine on the topic.
Topic: Corporate Finance, People & Leadership, Reporting
Sub-Topic: Business Planning & Analysis, Business Reporting, Personal Effectiveness
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate
CPD: Upto 6 hours