WHS Due Diligence - eLearning
Online courses allow you to adjust your study to your career and lifestyle commitments. As an online student you will receive:
• access to short recordings (broadband internet access required), focusing on the key content of the course - you can view the presentation multiple times within 21 days from the date of purchase.
• an electronic copy of course materials for you to download and print, if desired.
The aim of this course is to promote understanding of the legislative framework that governs WHS statutory compliance in Australia.
Content DescriptionThis half-day course provides directors, company secretaries and chief financial officers with essential WHS information. Delivered by expert presenters and using relevant case studies, it covers changes in OHS/WHS legislation which have resulted in increased responsibility for senior managers and directors. You will learn about the expectations of the courts and regulators in regard to OHS/WHS legislation, and be able to anticipate future risks and likely sources of workers compensation claims. You will gain insight into the impact of breaching WHS legislation, subsequent convictions and penalties applied by the courts, as well as WHS compliance issues and key safety management systems.
Learning OutcomesUpon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
• Identify key WHS legislation risks and emerging issues.
• Interpret officer obligations under the WHS Act.
• Develop continuous improvements and evaluation approaches in order to achieve statutory compliance.
• Locate and apply useful resources in the areas of work health and safety (WHS) and governance.
Understand the important role of WHS governance in relation to legal compliance and officer obligations under the WHS ACT. Recognise the essential function of safety management systems within the due diligence process, and manage continuous improvement and evaluation approaches in order to achieve statutory compliance.
Topic: Ethics & Integrity
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate
CPD: 3.5 hours