Winter Tax & Super School Workshop
THE 2018 EVENT HAS NOW CONLUDED.
REGISTRATIONS FOR THE 2019 EVENT WILL OPEN IN APRIL 2019.
Whether you are a practitioner, advisor or an accountant, this event will position you at the centre of the ever-changing tax, superannuation and financial advisory services landscape and will empower you with the latest key industry developments to keep you ahead of the game.
Attendees will walk away with a detailed workbook and materials to act as a reference in actively dealing with your client affairs back home, while also providing a valuable opportunity to network with local practitioners and expert presenters over lunch and breaks.
DAY 1 – TAX
This quarterly tax update will provide you with all the latest legislative and regulatory tax developments, case law, rulings and other ATO publications and announcements. Everything you need to give your clients the best advice based on the most current, high-quality information available.
Trusts: Getting the basics right
- Why client’s must have a copy of the trust deed
- Foreign beneficiaries and residential properties
- Does the trust really need to be ‘fixed’?
- Understanding the importance of the appointer
Tax accounting for trusts
- Lewski’s case aka “The son of Bamford’s case”
- Using accounting profits as a concept of distributable income
- Using S.95 income as a concept of distributable income
- Understanding why sub-accounting in beneficiary accounts is important
Trusts: Unusual problems
- Revaluing trust assets and distributing the revaluation reserve
- Distributing profits to loss trusts
- Structuring with trusts
- Non-family members using trust property
DAY 2 – SMSF FOCUS
This quarterly SMSF update will provide you with all the latest legislative, regulatory and other developments in the industry with a focus on the changes to superannuation stemming from the 2018 Federal Budget. Everything you need to give your clients the best advice based on the most current, high-quality information available.
Contributions and strategies in the new super landscape
- The new downsizing contribution from 1 July 2018
- The CGT cap and $1.6m balances
- Using re-contribution strategies
- TRIS strategies post 1 July 2017
- Living with CGT relief elections
- Multiple funds and the operation of Part IVA
Pensions and lump sums in the new super landscape
- Retirement phase income streams & TRISs
- Defined benefit income schemes
- The ‘retirement’ condition of release
- Common errors with Transfer Balance Accounts
- Lump sums and the Transfer Balance Account
Death in the new super landscape
- The Transfer Balance Account and Death
- Retirement phase income streams and accumulation accounts on death
- TRISs and death
- Following super through the deceased estate
- Assessing testamentary trusts in light of 1 July 2017 super changes
6.5 hours per day
One Day Workshop
Member - $575
Non-Member - $690
Regional - $460
Group (3+) - $518
Two Day Workshop
Member - $940
Non-Member - $1,128
Regional - $752
Group (3+) - $846
Topic: Financial Advisory and Superannuation, Tax
Sub-Topic: Business Tax, Employment Taxes - PAYE, PAYG & FBT, GST, Income Tax, International Tax, Self-Managed Superannuation Funds, Superannuation, Tax Administration
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: 13 hours