2023-24 Update: Excel
This activity is published by accountingcpd.
All year round, and on every accountingcpd purchase you make, get 10% off as a CA ANZ member. Just use code CAANZ101.
Please note you will be directed to accountingcpd to purchase this product.
Microsoft issues new features for Excel all the time, but are you making the most of them? This course delivers the latest Excel updates to help you work more effectively and efficiently, with practical downloadable spreadsheets in each module.
In today's fast-paced and data-driven business world, Excel is an essential tool for accounting professionals. This comprehensive update will provide you with the latest insights and practical strategies to master Excel and use it to your advantage in your accounting career.
• Excel Fundamentals for Accounting Professionals
• Advanced Excel Techniques for Accounting
• Excel for Financial Modelling
• Excel for Data Analytics
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity, you will be able to:
• Master essential Excel skills for managing data, creating reports, and automating tasks in accounting.
• Apply advanced Excel techniques, such as pivot tables, macros, and data visualization, to streamline work, improve efficiency, and produce more insightful reports.
• Use Excel to build and analyse financial models to support decision-making and simulate different scenarios.
• Collect, clean, and analyse data using Excel to identify trends and patterns and create charts and graphs to visualize findings.
• Enhance your Excel skills and knowledge to advance your accounting career.
By attending this activity, you can master essential Excel skills, apply advanced techniques, and enhance your Excel knowledge to advance your accounting career.
Simon Hurst is a chartered accountant who has been involved in computer software for the accountancy profession for the past 30 years. He is the proprietor of The Knowledge Base, an organisation that provides IT training and consultancy to practising accountants. Simon has lectured on Excel and other Microsoft applications for organisations such as the ICAEW and the ACCA and contributed to several significant spreadsheet related ICAEW publications. He has also had a book published on the use of Excel for working with financial data.
Topic: Audit & Assurance, Financial Advisory and Superannuation, Reporting
Sub-Topic: Business Planning & Analysis, Business Reporting, Business Valuation, Financial Reporting, Financial Statement Audit, Forensic Accounting, Information & Communication Technology, Solve Problems
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 4 hours