Corporate Governance - eLearning
This activity is published by accountingcpd.
All year round, and on every accountingcpd purchase you make, get 10% off as a CA ANZ member. Just use code CAANZ101.
Please note you will be directed to accountingcpd to purchase this product.
Using real world examples and case studies this course blends theoretical underpinnings with practical advice on creating efficient and effective management structures that minimise risk.
The notorious case of Enron focused the world's attention on the corporate structure and management of business. The associated demise of Arthur Andersen shocked the accounting profession. Using real world examples and case studies throughout, Lisa Weaver's course blends theoretical underpinnings with practical advice on creating efficient and effective management structures that minimise risk. It is fully up to date with the Corporate Governance Code which was revised in May 2018.
- Introduction to corporate governance
- Code of best practice approach
- The legislative approach
- Managing boards
- The role of the finance professional
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity, you will be able to:
- Understand the main provisions of the UK's Corporate Governance Code.
- Identify governance problems within a company.
- Establish effective board management including remuneration and audit committees.
- Understand why poor governance has led to corporate scandal in the past.
- Use governance principles to create successful business strategies.
Come to grips with efficient and effective management structures and risk management.
Author – Lisa Weaver
Lisa is a Professor at Warwick Business School, delivering on a range of programmes including MBA. She is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy in the UK.
Topic: Corporate Finance, Ethics & Integrity
Sub-Topic: Governance, Risk Management
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 4 hours