Duties of Officers and Directors - eLearning
The aim of this course is to outline the range of directors and officers duties.
Governance practice has never been more scrutinised by regulators, the courts and the general public. Recent court decisions concerning the duties of officers and directors have highlighted this. It is critical directors and other company officers have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities and the practice of good governance. This activity will help you develop a sound understanding of the core duties of officers and directors, and the important difference between directing and managing.
Learning OutcomesUpon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
• Summarise in detail the role of an officer or director.
• Define the sources of law and duties which underpin the role of an officer or director.
• Recognise how to comply with the legal duties of an officer or director.
• Interpret the law to avoid the consequences of breaching directors’ and officers’ duties.
You will develop a sound understanding and the difference between directing and managing, gaining valuable insight and information from expert presenters on a range of case studies where directors' duties were breached and the corresponding case law that has arisen in the area. Expand your knowledge of effective corporate governance practices and disclosure requirements with this workshop.
• access to short recordings (broadband internet access required) focusing on the key content of the course - you can view the presentation multiple times within 21 days from the date of purchase.
• an electronic copy of course materials for your to download and print, if desired.
Topic: Ethics & Integrity
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate
CPD: Upto 3.5 hours